LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
LasraelLarson

The Democratic Iowa Caucus Trainwreck

so many things about this...

first the Iowa Democratic Caucus gets to 97% tallied:

image.thumb.png.2d5b9501ab94b215c87e36c1d2226a96.png

and this:

and rather than release the final 3%, the Chair of the Democrat National Committee (after involving itself in roughly 48 hours of over-site) now tweets out a re-canvasing:

https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/1225468833458245632

the Democrats & blue media have spent the past 3+ years howling mad about Russian interference in the elections (which amounted to some disinformation Facebook ads targeting groups who polarize) & now that this first Democrat Caucus has been a complete disaster, with a very obvious culprit in an untested and vulnerable Ap...  where is the justified outrage over credibility and trust in the institution?

this whole episode is worthy of its own thread and i have many subject i would love to see folk delve further into:

1.) The obvious bug bear,  Bernie Sanders is getting the shaft.  AGAIN!

- why 97% and then enough is enough?  why not show the last 3%.  why the last minute plug pull on the whole.... charade.  so many elements of which there is photo-graphic & video proof of, involving specious coin tosses, convoluted reporting sheets & actual in person recording of people attending.  actual physical evidence.

2.) The Shadow Ap.

- who funded it?  why was it untested?  why was it vulnerable?  who benefited from it? etc. etc.  again so many suspect things including the recent pull outs from parties involved who want to disassociate from.

3.) The lip service paid to inclusiveness; yet the clear shaft to candidates of color.

- for all the posturing and pandering to people of color...  what happened to Cory Booker, Tulsi Gabbard & Andrew Yang?  why is it their legitimate campaigns aren't enough to qualify them for the stage, but Bloomberg can buy his way on...  i wonder if he will use a box?

4.) The Wymyns vote, (AKA: The Hillary vote.)

-this one no one is daring to talk about, but i will.

the obvious thirst for a female President & how a significant percentage of Dems will vote for a female Candidate over anyone else.

let me be the one to point out the glaringly obvious in the Iowa Caucus numbers above...  if Elizabeth Warren & Amy Klobucher combined vote tallies, the gap between them and first place would close.  but separately they both lose. 

should one drop out?  does both running prolonged campaigns hurt each others chance?  in this Elizabeth Warren hit piece on Bernie, the latter half of the clip both Elizabeth and Amy are girl powering it up:

but without one clear front-runner, they seem to me at least to be splitting each others chances.  should one drop out?

it is clear Amy is not as popular and from my perspective it isn't too hard to see why:

who does Hillary like most?  how long before one drops out, or does both staying the course end up nullifying each others chances?

5.)  The Nanny-State tendencies to Over-Curate the electoral process as highlighted by this first Iowa Caucus.

- the perpetual running the gambit until they get the outcome they like; whilst not alienating everyone in the process.  how many times are they going to keep making this mistake?

6.) Pete Buttigieg announcing victory soo early.

he has had quite a boost from this fiasco.  lets hope his hands are clean.

Iowa Caucus really highlights many things for me.  Democrats have some serious issues & i think it will impede them, BIGLY.

and now it is official, with 100% of the Iowa Caucus tallied...  after a re-canvas and an entire day later.

with 2,631 less overall votes and a 0.01% difference in state delegates, we have an official winner:

Buttigieg criticized after police killing of black man | Daily Mail Online_O-_O-_O-

🤡🤡🤡

10 hours ago, Jedy2 said:

This is all very strange.

indeed.

we shall see if the next Democrat debate (which is tonight i think?)  will contain, or suppress any of these recent shenanigans.

Can't pretend to understand.

perhaps after New Hampshire, it will become even more apparent.

so far Buttigieg has managed to not stick his neck out, or draw any significant attention...  that is no longer the case.

Petes Iowa result definitely has seen him receive a boost in other races.

if Warren &/or Biden want to remain as contenders, they have to move quickly, or they are done...  klobuchar too.  same goes for everyone else.

this will quickly become a show down between Bernie Sanders & Pete Buttigieg.  i think it is pretty clear who the DNC will back in that show down.

this controversial "Shadow App" is still in play as well.

EDIT

it appears Nevada will be cancelling the use of this App in their Caucus:

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/nevada-caucuses-shadow-app-iowa_n_5e3983f3c5b6ed0033acec80?ri18n=true

surprised Huffpost article above actually talks about the Democratic Party Players now distancing themselves from this...  but there are articles on it everywhere now...  not much point hiding it any longer.

EDIT #2

here is another article like the huffpost above, but it also includes some Pete Buttigieg ties...

https://theintercept.com/2020/02/04/iowa-caucus-app-shadow-acronym/

On 2/6/2020 at 7:58 PM, LasraelLarson said:

3.) The lip service paid to inclusiveness; yet the clear shaft to candidates of color.

last nights New Hampshire debate...

when 6 white candidates postured over systemic racism for 15 minutes, counting and comparing their blacks...

and they gave the one actual person of color half that for speaking time...

image.jpeg.c9a9f375319a6c7e88ce8beb8690f72e.jpeg

8 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Shocking... Democrats are actually racist....

As a small kid in Japan, I was jeered for having blue eyes, blond hair, body odor, and being part of the occupying force. 

That taught me many things. 

As a small kid in Japan, I was jeered for having blue eyes, blond hair, body odor, and being part of the occupying force. 

That taught me many things. 

What, racism?

10 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

What, racism?

1 - That it's not one's fault that one does not  have yellow skin, squinty eyes or dark hair.

2 - That people don't love Americans whenever they go, even if they bring democracy on their bayonets or topple disgusting or even criminal regimes.

In 1964 I visited North Vietnam for a few days, mainly their museums of resistance, and the holes in their roads, made by American bombs.

Then I learned that Americans are idiots. (Or at least their political class is.) 

Now I learned they still are idiots, and that it's an incurable condition. 

15 hours ago, Jedy2 said:

2 - That people don't love Americans whenever they go,

No shit.

even if they bring democracy on their bayonets

And we need to stop doing this.

or topple disgusting or even criminal regimes.

And stop doing this too.

In 1964 I visited North Vietnam for a few days, mainly their museums of resistance, and the holes in their roads, made by American bombs.

Then I learned that Americans are idiots. (Or at least their political class is.) 

And yet... you forget the French drug us into Vietnam as they were losing control of their colony... followed by our inability to capitalize on the Tet offensive, which basically sent us down the road of butchering Americans for God only knows why.

Now I learned they still are idiots, and that it's an incurable condition. 

Yet, we still mold the world in our image, both technologically, economically, and with the mailed fist when necessary.