LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Splay

Rohan released on Lengedary servers 85 cap

SSG is really going to promote this one. You can expect lots of ads while browsing. You can expect trailers at the movie theater.  Emails by the millions. Maybe even some billboards and radio commercials. Rohan LS is going to be fabulous. Get your VIP and join the millions having fun!

But... Again, nothing but a mention on some dudes live stream no one watches. A post on the LotRO forums. Cost efficient? Yes box is checked. Easy peazy? Yes box is checked. stupidly lazy? Yes box checked.

Don't think that is all. SSG has loads of motivation and they can't be restrained. SSG is going to be at Pax East. SSG wants to be embarrassed showing their broken laggy games. Again

Don't get all flustered if you are a die hard idiot. Afterward, you can meet SSG here.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?678428-SSG-Community-Meetup-Adventure-Pub-Friday-February-28th-7-10p-Eastern

A table top focused gastropub. Gastropub?!!  Sounds like an entry to the emergency room asap.

Where: Adventure Pub in Arlington, Massachusetts
When: Friday, February 28th 7:00pm-10:00pm Eastern
What: Free food and games, full cash bar available, Q&A, fun, swag, and surprises!

Now, I don't know about you all, but I'm just setting my face on fire getting all heated up knowing all the SSG crew will be there. And... If you want a great laugh read the linked post and see who owns the pub.

Rohan? Never heard of it. :F

8 hours ago, MusicMachine said:

Of course you remember who owns the aforementioned Adventure Pub.

Someone called Athena Z Peters? Genuinely, no idea who that is, apparently worked for Turbine/SSG though.

4 hours ago, Doro said:

Someone called Athena Z Peters? Genuinely, no idea who that is, apparently worked for Turbine/SSG though.

That would be the Executive Producer who led the LotRO Turbine team during Minas Tirith, Osgiliath, and server consolidation. Same one who claimed there would be EU servers in Amsterdam. She was laid off with Sapience before SSG took over.

I'd rate her performance 2/10 as EP. That's being generous.

1 hour ago, Splay said:

That would be the Executive Producer who led the LotRO Turbine team during Minas Tirith, Osgiliath, and server consolidation. Same one who claimed there would be EU servers in Amsterdam. She was laid off with Sapience before SSG took over.

I'd rate her performance 2/10 as EP. That's being generous.

That would explain why I had no idea who that was, I jumped ship at Helm's Deep and only briefly popped back for the Limited Servers up to Moria. Looks like she wasn't particularly sought after as an EP after that if she had to turn to opening a board-game cafe.

1 hour ago, Doro said:

That would explain why I had no idea who that was, I jumped ship at Helm's Deep and only briefly popped back for the Limited Servers up to Moria. Looks like she wasn't particularly sought after as an EP after that if she had to turn to opening a board-game cafe.

Just because a career change happened doesn't necessarily mean it was because she couldn't find work and not from a change in direction.  For example, my sister went from being a marketer/analyst at a pay role analysis company to opening her own bakery.... mostly because she has basically wanted to open her own bakery since college, and the former job was a good way for her to put herself through culinary school.  If she really wanted to continue on with that company, she could have, but she just wanted a change in career.

That's actually fairly common, truth be told.

Seems like most people have turned away from legendary servers (As expected as ToO was really the last raid worth a shot)
We do have 105 with throne, but will legendary servers survive this? The next max levels has no end-game what so ever (epic battles?... )

Logged on Anor the day after release.. Saw 170 non anonymous online.. 
No idea what peak numbers on these servers are, but they look so dead.. was logged on for 30\40min.. nothing was said in world chat.

Very hard to post this as there is a big ass google ads banner over the "post" button :D 

On 2/16/2020 at 2:41 PM, Splay said:

Laid off with Frelorn, summer 2016. Found her to be genuinely open and communicative (a.k.a. non-asshole), even if not fully competent in practicalities, more a PR engagement type not fitting exec producer role. Her forum presence was frequent enough that the long period of silence leading up to July '16 generated waves of alarm among official forum monkeys; iirc Frelorn stepped in to confirm she was still with Turbine but working in mobile gaming dep't (ultimate irony, right before he got booted himself). Of course being tacitly reassigned to mobile gaming is putting lipstick on a layoff for someone who's been EP just prior (like Sapience "leaving" on his own, nobody's fooled).

Just when one thinks it can't possibly get any more in-bred than that at SSG... it sure does. (Restaurant). And this is only the publicly visible, Eru knows what other crossbreeding is going down behind the scenes.

Ah, Athena Peters the office manager/EP who got the job to deliver the datacentre;  blown it on her first day. Three months before the merge she had dropped the EU Datacentre but didn't feel it necessary to inform us of the decision, that we heard hours before NJ went live from a slip from Freelon.

She ramped up the deny all mentality SSG have run with ever since.

Despite her prodigious post count she managed to relay as much useful info as Sev's bare minimum count.

It's her watch that brought the dire sever performance and hugely abused transfer system.  How much is the latter costing SSG to fix?

She let the systems and art chock the engine without a thought to consequences.

Not my least favourite EP...   didn't fill it with hacked DDO nonsense and sell her soul to the devil.

Mac

PS Had to quit the post and restore to find the submit button... bloody adds.