LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
PJ.

Codemasters Question

When LOTRO will have been permanently shut down everywhere for X number of years, then they *might* be able to ; but even then, I wouldn't bet on it !!!

I'm pretty sure such details will be released in either after a noticeable time, say 50 years, or not at all. It's just bad business to spill the beans like that.

My fond memories of Codemasters will remain just that fond. What we saw was another page was turned in the book for a new chapter for LOTRO. I've made some nice 'friends' and keep in touch with a few of the staff (I'm seeing Denise X German Community Rep in Nov when I visit London) but I wouldnt dare ask exactly what happened as thats the past. It is a shame Codemasters are closing down various studios (Bodycount needed a lot more work prior to release shame really) and a shame that there games range is narrowing. They do have their own F1 MMO in development (browserbased) but it wont be anything to replace what we all had there. I do beleive Codemasters had their faults, but a lot of the time their hands were tied.

I will remember those good times and more importantly the people I got to meet.

Finally. Turbine are not 'that bad' some areas they need vast improvement but I guess my dealings with Turbine have been a bit better since F2P and they are 'keen' to support community activities still. There problems are with perceiption and being upfront which I'm hopeful they will gauge the community more.