LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Wicked

New in the store after 9/27

See What's Coming With Isengard on September 27th!

Turn eastward toward the vale of Isengard and attempt to thwart Saruman's ambition! Experience over 375 quests and over 40 deeds as you journey through Dunland, the Gap of Rohan, and Isengard itself. Quests and deeds are designed to support player levels 66-75.

Gather companions and courage in order to face off against Draigoch, an ancient and enormous dragon. Defeat Draigoch to discover powerful treasures found only in a dragon's hoard! This 24-man raid can be accessed at level 75.

Set your own pace with new XP & Reputation acceleration options

* Earn bonus faction reputation with the +5000 Enhanced Rep Supply

* Temporarily slow your character's progression with the XP Disabler

* Get right to the action by skipping the tutorial and introduction with Vet Status: Level 5

* Earn a permanent +25% Monster Kill XP bonus (up to level 65) with Derudh's Stone

* Receive up to 20% bonus XP on Quest turn-ins!

Isengard does away with stat caps, and adds two new ranks to virtues!

* Raise your base stats by a total of 60 with new tier 6 stat tomes

* Instantly reach ranks 11 & 12 in all of your virtues

Continue to customize all new Legendary Items

* Acquire additional shards with a new Tier 5 Relic Pack!

Access crucial town services from anywhere in Middle-earth!

* Send and receive mail on the fly

* Repair damaged armour or sell inventory-clogging items

* Respecialize and maximize your utility by changing traits

* Access your personal and shared vault to store great finds or use cherished items

* Get that last minute bid in or post a loot drop with a mobile auction house

Master the new Westfold crafting tier and create powerful weapons, armors, and more!

* Over 100 new Westfold tier recipes

* Carry three crafting tools in one inventory space with Sturdy Crafting Tools

* Save time searching for materials by using Westfold Ingredient Packs

Instantly transport to a host of locations with new maps!

* Teleport to new areas in 11 areas including Moria, Enedwaith, Dunland, and more!

Stand out in a crowd with 3 new Store exclusive cloaks!

* Stowed Hooded Threadbare Cloak – A corsair cloak with a buckled design on the back

* The Dusty Hooded Seafarer's Cloak – A corsair cloak with brass buttons along the back

* The Recovered Hooded Sailor's Cloak – A corsair cloak with laces down the back

Achieve victory by living longer and fighting stronger!

* Buff your Finesse to tear through your opponent's resistances with a Scroll of Finesse

* Be a light in the darkness with up to +5 Hope Tokens

* Replenish more morale and power with new tier 8 potions and food

* Increase your maximum morale and power for up to 90 minutes

* Avoid interruption and reduce power costs as a Lore-master with Parables

Join the forces of Sauron and take part in the Player vs Monster Player battle for Middle-earth!

Defiler

* Heal Evil forces or disable Free Peoples with deadly plagues!

Warg Stalker

* Strike suddenly, silently, and stealthily

Warleader

* Rally your troops, heal your allies, and absorb incoming damage

Weaver

* Use poisons and webs to manipulate and control prey with the Weaver

Blackarrow

* Fire massive and deadly longbows from range

Customize your class the way you want from the very beginning!

* Equip your Creep with every Trait, Skill, and Corruption regardless of Rank requirements

Get right to the fight with Crude, Poor, and Good maps!

* Instantly travel to battle all over the Ettenmoors

Get ahead in the game with 3-hour +20% Renown and Infamy Boosts

* Become more powerful and access new abilities with a higher Infamy Rank

* Earn rewards and prestige by ranking with Renown

Make the most of your Monster Play with PvMP Combat Items

* Remove negative effects and gain immunity to them with Crumbling Insignias and Brands

* Use tracking talismans to locate the enemy, even if they're stealthed

* Become immune to Silences or Disarms for 5 minutes (Freep only)

* Use a Battle Potion of Defilement to cure multiple physical effects at once (Creep only)

I like how the stat caps were removed, which was something the players wanted for gameplay (15% max chance on pretty much everything, a little low, right?), but now it has the bitter bytaste of only having been removed to sell more stat tomes.

I like how the stat caps were removed, which was something the players wanted for gameplay (15% max chance on pretty much everything, a little low, right?), but now it has the bitter bytaste of only having been removed to sell more stat tomes.

if you already have purchased the tier 5 ones, another 10 to each stat is going to make little difference. Especially since you're talking about it being possible now to get max 650 of each cap, and after, it's going to be easy to get it way over a 1000 on what your main stat is. (of course, depends on what you concentrate on. For my guards, I always like having a large morale pool, so vitality is the way to go for me. My main doesn't do a lot of instances, but for solo play, it's going to be great to have 13k-14k morale)

Basically, if you already have 50+ your stats, another 10 on top isn't going to do a lot of difference.

If, however, you've not spent any on stat tomes, the ability of raising it by 60 is going to make a difference, for sure.

I just think there's better ways to get to higher stats than to buy stat tomes ;)

Basically, if you already have 50+ your stats, another 10 on top isn't going to do a lot of difference.

If, however, you've not spent any on stat tomes, the ability of raising it by 60 is going to make a difference, for sure.

I just think there's better ways to get to higher stats than to buy stat tomes ;)

I have always refused to purchase stat tomes on principle so that sets me back +60 in every stat compared to someone who does purchase them.

The thing is, that stat tomes are over and above everything else you can use to get better stats, it isn't like its one or the other. Anyone who buys stat tomes will always have the advantage everything else being equal.

Not realistically. You had people running around beta with 1500 of their main stat on their gear. Even with the stat cap at 650, the 50+ gives you about 2% advantage. It'll help out your level 15 characters way more than your end-game ones.

And now? Given what the Isengard armours look like, your advantage is going to be reduced to a small fraction of a percent.

I've always had kind of mixed feelings about stat tomes. If you want to consider them 'levelling helpers' then yes, they're definitely an advantage for low-level toons. At higher levels and level-cap, skill (and just dumb luck sometimes) comes into the mix more than any perceived 2% advantage.

With (relative, as in easily obtainable) stat caps of 1500 or thereabouts, any advantage disappears. But people will think they're an advantage, and still buy them.

Which is all kind of shady/sad.

It really depends on the way you enjoy playing the game. Some players like to compete with each other stat wise, other players don't care what stats other players can but still want to 'complete' their character as much as possible.

In reality I am neither of the above, I am not compulsive enough to put energy into 'maxing out' anything so long as my gear is good enough for my purposes (I like to raid but am fairly relaxed in approach to such things)

It isn't a question of whether the impact of each individual item in the store has a small or large effect on gameplay so much as the accumulation of them combined... or even just the perceived impact to individual players and whether it changes their characters sense of progression in the game.

Actually, there is one interesting ray of hope in there:

This is something a vocal minority of players have been requesting for over two years now. And, quite frankly, it's actually something that is =appropriate= to be in the store. It confers no advantage, not even faster leveling. It is purely a convenience item. For example, if you want to get in some solo time on a character, but you don't want to outlevel your duo partner or regular group of friends. Or you enjoy a particular zone, but don't want all the quests to go grey because you also ran a couple of skirmishes.

A niche item, but conversely, there's no way it cost them very much to implement it, either.

The question is, of course, if any of the players who lobbied for this item are even still playing the game....

Actually, there is one interesting ray of hope in there:

<snip>

The question is, of course, if any of the players who lobbied for this item are even still playing the game....

I used to want some way of slowing my levelling but that time has long since past. However if I would still like the feature I would refuse to buy it from the store on principle. As a VIP player I have xp bonus whether I want it or not. Having to purchase this feature feels like I am paying to counter a 'VIP benefit' which seems contrary to me and like I am paying twice for the same service.

I used to want some way of slowing my levelling but that time has long since past. However if I would still like the feature I would refuse to buy it from the store on principle. As a VIP player I have xp bonus whether I want it or not. Having to purchase this feature feels like I am paying to counter a 'VIP benefit' which seems contrary to me and like I am paying twice for the same service.

Glad I canceled VIP.

I expect, and now some on the official forums express similarly, that, as early as update 5, we can see something very desirable in the game, but only available in the store. It's not included in RoI, a lot of people have exhausted their TP and voila, something like improved housing or a new class or hobby 'magically' appears.

And I still find it very ironic that the store is 'all ready to go' just before RoI, but the instances are not.

Turbine pushing the envelop as far as they can possibly go.

It matters not that forumers protest, all that matters is what the store sales tell them.

I feel I am in a no-win situation, and that Middle Earth is held hostage.

Yeah. I was crying the loudest for the item, because when I was rolling new characters you would just skip too much content. Heck I leveled a mini from 7 to 12 just by doing festival quests - without wanting to. No Ered Luin or Shire for that one :( I have 20 character and still didn't see all low level quests.

But now I went Premium and I have a whole bunch of level ~40 characters that have to do content I don't like, namely Moria. I am using the 25% XP enhancer from the LoI pack. I don't roll new characters anymore since they wouldn't get the premium goodies.

WTF?

its funny tbh, turbine have no clue anyway, they release aload of new pvmp stuff, open monster play for free to play players and at the same time get rid of the grinding stones for relics in DOF. This is shooting themselves in the foot if you ask me, people would pvp to make sure the keeps switched to access DOF, but with not been able to get relics from DOF anymore I can see alot of people not bothering. At the moment ettens is stale, unless Turbine release a new PVP zone with some new mechanics soon I cant see them making as much as they hope from this.

Btw I dont pvp at all myself, only reason I would enter the moors would have been to flip the keeps for DOF in the past, am sure there are many like me.

Even though I'm only moderately into PvP, this seems to me to be potentially the most deadly in its implications:

Equip your Creep with every Trait, Skill, and Corruption regardless of Rank requirements.

I mean, "regardless of Rank requirements"? If you can buy any and every improvement "regardless", then there is no longer any reason to play at all...

Even though I'm only moderately into PvP, this seems to me to be potentially the most deadly in its implications:

Equip your Creep with every Trait, Skill, and Corruption regardless of Rank requirements.

I mean, "regardless of Rank requirements"? If you can buy any and every improvement "regardless", then there is no longer any reason to play at all...

Well I used to enjoy PvP as freep from time to time, but the changes there are just one more thing that's put me off playing. Ironically it isn't the creep skills though, while I don't like the changes there I would still visit EM to see how it played out. What really puts me off is the paid advantage you can buy in terms of consumables. They look like they would have an unforgivable effect on the gameplay itself and I wouldn't find any fun in going up against opponents where the fight is biased one way or another through store bought advantage. It would just leave a bad taste in my mouth...

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind dying in EM, used to do it frequently! I do mind dying due to store bought advantage, it's just wrong.

Well I used to enjoy PvP as freep from time to time, but the changes there are just one more thing that's put me off playing. Ironically it isn't the creep skills though, while I don't like the changes there I would still visit EM to see how it played out. What really puts me off is the paid advantage you can buy in terms of consumables. They look like they would have an unforgivable effect on the gameplay itself and I wouldn't find any fun in going up against opponents where the fight is biased one way or another through store bought advantage. It would just leave a bad taste in my mouth...

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind dying in EM, used to do it frequently! I do mind dying due to store bought advantage, it's just wrong.

The only way Turbine would be able to hide the fact that players are using the silence, disarm, or root immunes is to hide the buffs from your view when you target them. I'd think that very dishonest, but that is what that EA dick said you had to do with store advantage, hide it from the players so they don't know it caused them to lose a fight. They'd also have to strip the thing from the combat logs, or change the way the resist shows.

The only way Turbine would be able to hide the fact that players are using the silence, disarm, or root immunes is to hide the buffs from your view when you target them. I'd think that very dishonest, but that is what that EA dick said you had to do with store advantage, hide it from the players so they don't know it caused them to lose a fight. They'd also have to strip the thing from the combat logs, or change the way the resist shows.

Normally I would say I can't imagine Turbine doing that but I guess we shall see...

The thing is the store pots do show, but they only show while the pot is doing its hot and since that is during combat its easy to miss unless you are specifically looking for it and not paying full attention to winning the fight :)

It comes to mind though, that I remember stating (on forums period, can't speak to where exactly) that player on player combat should not have cc. cc is for pve. But to CHARGE for it.....that's just mean. If they can disable armour stats, why not cc? It's a huge advantage situation now, when they could have made it a game mechanic that no longer works in the pvmp. I do not like charging for combat mechanic advantages, it's unbalancing. I doubt people will stick around in there now once they get a taste of it. If everyone had the same limitations, they might not like it, but they'd adjust. This is so, it's such a, it's a dick move. Give some people what they want but charge extra for it.

The cc bit I can understand disabling across the board, but how does disarm and silence warrant that treatment? Disarm is something everyone who's fought with a weapon has had happen. Silence is just a spell effect in a game that effectively disarms a spell caster, yet a spell caster can effectively loose both their weapon AND their ability to cast spells, putting them at a huge disadvantage temporarily.

I think this is just making a bad situation way worse than it has to be.

It comes to mind though, that I remember stating (on forums period, can't speak to where exactly) that player on player combat should not have cc. cc is for pve. But to CHARGE for it.....that's just mean. If they can disable armour stats, why not cc? It's a huge advantage situation now, when they could have made it a game mechanic that no longer works in the pvmp. I do not like charging for combat mechanic advantages, it's unbalancing. I doubt people will stick around in there now once they get a taste of it. If everyone had the same limitations, they might not like it, but they'd adjust. This is so, it's such a, it's a dick move. Give some people what they want but charge extra for it.

The cc bit I can understand disabling across the board, but how does disarm and silence warrant that treatment? Disarm is something everyone who's fought with a weapon has had happen. Silence is just a spell effect in a game that effectively disarms a spell caster, yet a spell caster can effectively loose both their weapon AND their ability to cast spells, putting them at a huge disadvantage temporarily.

I think this is just making a bad situation way worse than it has to be.

Well on the cc front I disagree :) CC may be put into the game for PvE purposes but the fact is that the classes themselves are balanced to some extent based on their cc abilities. Now let me be clear, I am not saying that the way cc works in EM pre-ROI is a bad thing - I have found cc can still be used effectively despite diminishing returns. However, a lore-master for example wears light armour because the idea is they use cc to keep the enemy at arms length. So in reality I think LMs should get some kind of armour boost in EM to off-set reduced CC :)