LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Papi

COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

7 hours ago, Doro said:

At this point, they might as well make up stories that Trump is going to suggest human-trafficking to harvest clean lungs as a solution. Chances are he'll end up saying it. He's like the monkey with a typewriter thing where they'll type out Shakespeare given enough time; the more they put him up behind that podium in front of the cameras, the higher the chance he'll waffle on and say anything that pops up in his empty head.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52411706

I'm amazed someone in his team didn't try to guide him away from rambling about it at that point. They need a safeword to let him know when to shut up. Something he won't ever hear normally. Maybe "here's the truth".

They would be better trying to convince him that his time would better spent doing something else rather than the daily briefings.  Pitch it to him that his time is to valuable to spend each day talking to the fake news.  He would buy it

3 hours ago, cossieuk said:

They would be better trying to convince him that his time would better spent doing something else rather than the daily briefings.  Pitch it to him that his time is to valuable to spend each day talking to the fake news.  He would buy it

Shhhhh. Better that he hangs himself with his own rope.

1 hour ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Shhhhh. Better that he hangs himself with his own rope.

Not if other s are taken down with him.  At this point there is not much he could say to stop those that are going to vote for him doing so.

40 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

Not if other s are taken down with him.  At this point there is not much he could say to stop those that are going to vote for him doing so.

You gotta make sure the fence sitters see the full idiocy of the man. It eventually gets through. Even Fox News has a few hosts blinking in amazement at the stupidity.

Sure, there are the *derp* it's great trolling *derp* people but they are immune to reason.

I'm seeing reports that he's going to stop showing up daily at the briefings and will be limiting his appearances there to brief prepared remarks as needed.

On the plus side the UK Home Secretary has just confirmed that shoplifting is down from this time last year.

She also said the Governments message has been clear from day 1.

7 hours ago, warspeech said:

I'm seeing reports that he's going to stop showing up daily at the briefings and will be limiting his appearances there to brief prepared remarks as needed.

Well, he should have done that kind of "off the cuff" stuff 3+years ago. We'll see what happens.

gotta love the current messaging:

WHO says no evidence of Covid-19 immunity from antibodies

so when the time for vaccination arrives...

remind me again, what is the purpose of a vaccine?

triggers your body's immune response, causing it to either produce antibodies to that particular ailment or induce other processes that enhance immunity.

so just for clarity vaccines that don't activate antibody production...  work instead to activate T-cell response.

so how will that play in people who already have an autoimmune disease?

what are the ramifications of T-cell response in low blood oxygen?  do i need to point out the obvious problems with lung function this virus causes...

additionally, what if T-cell production actually feeds the (auto)immune attack vectors of this virus?

On 4/23/2020 at 9:10 PM, LasraelLarson said:

i can foresee vaccinations actually making things MUCH worse.

https://pics.onsizzle.com/l-anonymous-03-02-12-fri-17-39-no-1921453-if-only-you-knew-how-29157610.png

Dec. 31 2019: 27 confirmed cases - no death reported

Jan. 19 20: 219 "" - 3 dead

Jan. 25 20: 1,350 "" - 41 dead

Feb. 1 20: 11,946 "" - 259 dead

Feb 13 20: 60,328 "" - 1,370 dead

Mar 7 20: 102,133 "" - 3,488 dead

Mar 27 30: 527,839 "" - 23,674 dead

Apr 3 20: 1,010,000 "" - 51,577 dead

Apr 10 20: 1,560,000 "" - 95,039 dead

Apr 16 20: 2,030,000 "" - 136,320 dead

Apr .. 20: ...

Wuhan Respiratory AIDS just keeps rollin on.

On 4/24/2020 at 2:11 AM, LasraelLarson said:

intense UV light will kill viruses, but there is no practical way i am aware of achieving this...  inside a persons body/lungs.

irradiating via a type of dialysis, won't work as that only treats the blood...  viral load can still hang out in the lymph nodes or other part of the body, so it is a big timely wasted effort.  Uughe dead end.

i doubt ^this^ will work.

it assumes the virus is contained in the lungs alone and not co-opting the bodies pulmonary function to invade other parts.  while it may potentially reduce viral load in the throat,  it is yet to be determined what else gets sterilized as result...  i do not forsee this being a game changer.

however, i would love to have something like this for my sneakers for odor bacteria.  so maybe not entirely wasted.  ;)

7 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

You can get UV light cases for phones

yes, but what about shoes?

https://www.homeremedyhacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/shoe-odor.jpg

additionally, in the video i posted above about UV light...  the intubation tube only goes down the throat...  and doesn't really get into the actual lungs...  so it kinda refutes itself really.

marms panicking to have it deleted are fools, the refutation is soo easy.  fucking hall monitor tards.

1 hour ago, LasraelLarson said:

yes, but what about shoes?

https://www.homeremedyhacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/shoe-odor.jpg

additionally, in the video i posted above about UV light...  the intubation tube only goes down the throat...  and doesn't really get into the actual lungs...  so it kinda refutes itself really.

marms panicking to have it deleted are fools, the refutation is soo easy.  fucking hall monitor tards.

They have one for shoes as well

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ULTRAVIOLET-TRAINER-STERILIZER-SANITIZER-DEODORIZER/dp/B00OBPZRBW/ref=pd_lpo_309_t_0/258-8230782-1763859?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00OBPZRBW&pd_rd_r=0b7b8cdf-2afe-4042-9908-5037c19532d8&pd_rd_w=inmJA&pd_rd_wg=D36N0&pf_rd_p=7b8e3b03-1439-4489-abd4-4a138cf4eca6&pf_rd_r=7Q7XP208ZWBTMBY8R6V6&psc=1&refRID=7Q7XP208ZWBTMBY8R6V6

On 4/25/2020 at 11:33 AM, warspeech said:

Apparently he was just being sarcastic. So maybe we'll have that to look forward to later on. Anytime his word salad says something stupid he can later just claim sarcasm and move on. Best dear leader POTUS eva!!!!!

On 4/26/2020 at 1:16 PM, cossieuk said:

They have one for shoes as well

that looks like it needs a redesign...  too much plastic inside the shoe, not enough UV light.  regardless...  stuff like this UV light has use.  already used in water filtration systems, etc.  imagine it could get some application in washing machines, dryers as well...  and UV closets in hospitals for Personal Protective Equipment.  that could be reused.

that said, still don't see any effective application for inside the body that would actually work for intended use.

this headline is a tad sensational, however:

Global coronavirus death toll could be 60% higher than reported

it is the first place i have seen attempt to look at the data, year over year.

& in places like Ecuador, it is most definitely true.  the current reported deaths:  663   is many times short of the actual number.

i think for Central & South America as well as Africa, this is going to be the case & over the next months, the issue will be come more difficult to avoid reporting on.

as of today, the confirmed cases are over 3 million globally now.  if China, Central & South America, & Africa were reporting accurately,  it would be over 5 million.

youtubes resident harpy goblin is back in action:

https://www.rightjournalism.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/video-youtube-ceo-susan-wojcicki-anything-that-goes-against-w-h-o-will-be-removed-from-youtube-750x445.jpg

On 4/26/2020 at 11:08 AM, LasraelLarson said:

removing a video, that is easily refuted only ADS to the controversy, rather than mitigates it.

Susan Wojcicki you might actually help, if you weren't such a stupid fucking bint.

image.png.1cb902cf7c3a35df5b6eef363633120b.png

Congrats to the US for being the first to reach 1 million cases. Took a little longer than anticipated but still. Looks like they've got a couple more weeks in them until they start getting in line with the rest of the world's death/recovered figures. Spain, Italy, and France are leading the way for fatalities, but amazingly Spain is supposedly doing better than Germany with the total number of recoveries. When this all gets to a more settled state, it will certainly be interesting to use some classic hindsight to see what the outcome was.

Netherlands are apparently being sneaky and not keeping track of their recovered cases any more, so I slapped a 0 in there because the N/A was messing with the display, but I doubt they're much different than the average of about 19% mortality.

6 hours ago, Doro said:

image.png.1cb902cf7c3a35df5b6eef363633120b.png

Congrats to the US for being the first to reach 1 million cases. Took a little longer than anticipated but still. Looks like they've got a couple more weeks in them until they start getting in line with the rest of the world's death/recovered figures. Spain, Italy, and France are leading the way for fatalities, but amazingly Spain is supposedly doing better than Germany with the total number of recoveries. When this all gets to a more settled state, it will certainly be interesting to use some classic hindsight to see what the outcome was.

Netherlands are apparently being sneaky and not keeping track of their recovered cases any more, so I slapped a 0 in there because the N/A was messing with the display, but I doubt they're much different than the average of about 19% mortality.

I must have missed it. What to the percentages represent in the three left most columns?

4 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

I must have missed it. What to the percentages represent in the three left most columns?

They are the percentage of the overall numbers.  So the US has just over a third of all cases

2 hours ago, cossieuk said:

They are the percentage of the overall numbers.

excluding Chinas numbers, which should easily be in the ballpark of 1,500,000+ million cases by now and at least 50,000+ dead.

2 hours ago, cossieuk said:

So the US has just over a third of all cases

and this again assumes Central and South America, Africa & India are reporting accurately.  while Chinas error is egregious, Ecuador is also experiencing flawed reporting and i have heard Mexico is as well.  additionally the data i have seen is saying Somalia in Africa has the fastest doubling rate on the Globe.

so while the US has a higher percentage of cases than all 28 European Union countries (combined.)  whether you compare:

1.) death rate Vs recovered

2.), death rate per capita

3.) death rate Vs infected (cases)

the US is lower than all 28 countries (combined) in the EU in all 3 (just recently now 2) categories.  the chart Doro is using is comparing #1

can't get European Union data that excludes United Kingdom, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, Albania, Belarus, Latvia, Moldova, Ukraine & Russia & a host of other insignificant numbers...  but in a death per capita comparison, here is NA and EU:

image.thumb.png.9e2769cf351790839b90ad96cd5ac643.png

even if you separate out Mexico, Canada, United Kingdom, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, Albania, Belarus, Latvia, Moldova, Ukraine & Russia, etc....  the US just past the EU in per capita just over a day ago.

as far as deaths to infected...

US: 5.7%

EU: 10.22%

this again cannot account for Numbers from China, India, Africa, Central & South America throwing global numbers of by a factor as high as 60%.

as for countries with highest confirmed death rate:

image.jpeg.a243741f97b4e1f1abb7dc0924de76a0.jpeg

if Mexico was reporting accurately they would also be in the over 10% club (of infected.)

5 hours ago, cossieuk said:

They are the percentage of the overall numbers.  So the US has just over a third of all cases

Thanks. With woefully inadequate testing almost everywhere, except possibly South Korea, I find that number highly questionable.

8 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Yeah, as Cossie said, they're the percentages of the total. It's pretty interesting to see that though the EU has about a third of all cases, they have almost half of all fatalities AND recoveries worldwide. I guess because they became a hotspot early on and have progressed further than most.

1 hour ago, LasraelLarson said:

can't get European Union data that excludes United Kingdom, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, Albania, Belarus, Latvia, Moldova, Ukraine & Russia & a host of other insignificant numbers...  but in a death per capita comparison, here is NA and EU:

I've added some of the per capita figures below:

image.png.d2adc1bb73b285754f3a9bd84f9a928c.png

11 hours ago, Doro said:

Yeah, as Cossie said, they're the percentages of the total. It's pretty interesting to see that though the EU has about a third of all cases, they have almost half of all fatalities AND recoveries worldwide. I guess because they became a hotspot early on and have progressed further than most.

I've added some of the per capita figures below:

image.png.d2adc1bb73b285754f3a9bd84f9a928c.png

Do you have any non-EU numbers? Would love to see South Korea testing per capita among other comparisons with them.

46 minutes ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Do you have any non-EU numbers? Would love to see South Korea testing per capita among other comparisons with them.

I use this site and just copy the entire table into a sheet with some lookup functions to pick out bits automatically. From what that says, South Korea is at almost 12,000 tests per mill.

41 minutes ago, Doro said:

I use this site and just copy the entire table into a sheet with some lookup functions to pick out bits automatically. From what that says, South Korea is at almost 12,000 tests per mill.

Thanks. Interesting that SK is only at 12000 tests/million but had a quick response and test/trace program that halted spread very well.

8 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Interesting that SK is only at 12000 tests/million but had a quick response and test/trace program that halted spread very well.

South Korea response ramped up after March 1 2020, (and took effect after March 10 2020) but they were caught off guard in early February.

image.thumb.jpeg.c90450a2f36c2c7b5a9659083dd38381.jpeg

a lot of the contact trace tech South Korea deployed is thanks to Taiwan.

US testing capacity came online Mar. 20 2020 and it took less than a week to ramp it up from there.

image.thumb.png.9612e23ef9067e7b326351882c6a8ab6.png

for a small Asian country like South Korea to deploy tracing via ubiquitous cell use and coverage, is a MUCH easier task than the larger and more spotty coverage and use in the US. (this would include Canada)

additionally South Korea deployed aggressive treatments to those infected and hospitalized.  AKA: they used AIDS drugs: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2020/02/13/South-Korean-hospital-successfully-treats-coronavirus-patient-with-HIV-drugs/7311581567740/   so those hospitalized were immediately treated before viral loads caused lung (/organ) failure and required ventilation.

while South Korea did not have a travel ban, they did have a MANDATORY 14 day self quarantine for ALL entering the country.

regardless...  to deploy South Koreas model in the US and Canada...   would not happen overnight.  Canada has also ramped up testing, but lacks in the tracing component...  unless Canada wants utilize the CRTC to regulate the shit out of cell providers & additionally subsidize nationwide coverage that makes cell phone usage as ubiquitous and as cheap as it is in Asian countries like South Korea...  deploying "contact trace" programs here (or the US) is not even remotely the same proposition as it is in a place like South Korea.  Canada is 100% bigger.  some EU countries however:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.GF28jlBnoDMuPgIYEV1K7gHaGI%26pid%3DApi&f=1https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/55368e89e4b0aa362eee954a/1433865069587-ITKQMM3MGESK98VTN8GT/?content-type=image%2Fjpeg

the logistics of deploying what was done in South Korea in North America is several orders of MORE expensive.  South Koreans nationalized medical database would put Canada to shame.  & the US has the additional problem of State Vs National Domain getting in its way.

all that said, South Koreans response is really only 2 weeks ahead of the US mobilizing its response.  and there you have a scale that is much larger...  not remotely nationalized (under any administration) with individual States all performing & prepared differently.  remember Washington state was hit early on, but fared MUCH better than New York.

anyway until you understand the western idiom of "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" VS. the Asian counterpart, "the nail that stands out gets pounded down"  you'll never quite be able to grasp why contact tracing is soo easy in Asia and soo difficult in the west.  same goes for masks & even the capacity to social distance.

and with regard to tests, no Asian country is blanket testing, that i am aware:

Singapore - 24,600 tests per million.

South Korea - 11,980 tests per million

Taiwan -  2,619 tests per million

Japan - 1,299 tests per million

people opting into social distancing, being location traced by phone Apps, & EVERYONE entering the countries is mandatory self quarantining.

so folk screaming more tests, MORE TESTS!!!  don't actually understand how it is working in these Asian countries like South Korea.  they don't blanket test.

now what i am wondering is...  are Asians openness to wearing public face masks helping to not spread the virus as quickly, but also leaving them more immune compromised, than say...  Swedes?    ;)