LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Papi

COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

7 hours ago, Doro said:

I think Altreg asked earlier on in the thread if any of us knew anyone who has been diagnosed, and I'm still in the camp of "no confirmation but a lot of speculative bouts of illness". At this point, even if I did know someone who had been, I'd still doubt the legitimacy of any test regarding it as an outcome. Though I still currently believe it exists, I'm leaning more and more into the conspiracy side of things and don't believe this virus to be as claimed, including fatality numbers, the danger it represents, its origins, or its prevalence. It only takes a simple misdiagnosis of a virus with symptoms which are commonplace for others like it in those age groups or a faulty test to result in a new statistic.

My great uncle died of it around 10 days ago.  He was in a care home, and fell and broke his hip.  He was taking to hospital and as he had symptoms was test and confirmed positive.  He died the next day.  He also had underlying health conditions, namely COPD which effects the lungs

The weekly excess deaths, ie the number of deaths compared the the 5 year average, in Scotland , well falling is still really high

EXV3dkqU8AI1yOH?format=png&name=900x900

20 hours ago, Doro said:

the testing kits

contamination may also be a factor here.  of test material, test device (especially swabs) and even shit tier labs.  regardless, testing has been dicey all over the globe.

doesn't help that virus mutations & potential multiple strains may be producing false results.

additionally asymptomatic individuals may not have any viral load in the mucous membrane of the throat or nose, because no cough, congestion or sneeze...  but the viral load may be increasing in the lungs, lymph nodes, or blood via pulmonary action.

IMO swab tests are dicey as fuck, unless a person is fully symptomatic.  full blood-work is needed & this is generally not fast.

20 hours ago, Doro said:

I think Altreg asked earlier on in the thread if any of us knew anyone who has been diagnosed

i have never personally known ANYONE to die of ANY flu virus.  not just Covid19, any flu.  don't think that is a valuable metric however.

interesting article, READ HERE: https://www.startribune.com/what-i-learned-during-10-days-of-treating-covid-pneumonia/569857042/?refresh=true

the above article kinda deflates the, "this is fake and gay" notion.  i do recommend taking a look.   all kinds of immune disorder crossovers popping up.  this disease is a real doozy.

so these below are only effective in symptomatic people:

https://www.pattayamail.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/9-3-20-2-t-02-TAT-Don-Mueang-Airport-enhances-COVID-19-1.jpg

per article;  adding pulse oximeters would be a wise addition:

https://portalimages.blob.core.windows.net/products/images/kl1lnb02_RRcolourpulseoximeter.jpg

one more time cause...

I'm loving this recent change in the behaviour of various countries with this, particularly in Europe. Less than 1% of the population in the vast majority of these places have "confirmed" infections, but now it's suddenly the perfect time to "ease lockdowns". Weird, they went into lockdowns with fewer infected than are currently still remaining, and have decided that it's fine to start going back to normal.

I'm obviously completely against lockdowns as it is, but if they truly thought that was a way to help combat the supposed situation, why are they all of a sudden not as concerned that the remaining 99% might get infected? It's like closing a zoo because a meerkat got out, and opening up again with 5 more wandering about and the whole squad ready to yeet out of the still open gate.

My own conclusion: it was never about "saving lives", it was an exercise in familiarising people with the "new normal".

(it's only really the couple of minutes from about 1:50 that I wanted but I can't find it on its own)

16 hours ago, cossieuk said:

The weekly excess deaths, ie the number of deaths compared the the 5 year average, in Scotland , well falling is still really high

EXV3dkqU8AI1yOH?format=png&name=900x900

I like this kind of information. It is the best for quieting the "it's just the flu", "it's all fake" and "they are overcounting Covid-19 deaths by saying everyone is dying from it" crowds, IMO.

40 minutes ago, FundinStrongarm said:

I like this kind of information. It is the best for quieting the "it's just the flu", "it's all fake" and "they are overcounting Covid-19 deaths by saying everyone is dying from it" crowds, IMO.

Not really, when it's unfinished (you'd need to see a return to the average in following months as well after), it's all deaths with no separation for actual COVID-19 deaths (even factoring in all the deaths where the person was infected but died from something else, there's still not enough to explain all of the additional), and the increase happens to coincide with the lockdown starting (people were dying from COVID-19 2 weeks before the spike).

1 hour ago, Doro said:

Not really, when it's unfinished (you'd need to see a return to the average in following months as well after), it's all deaths with no separation for actual COVID-19 deaths (even factoring in all the deaths where the person was infected but died from something else, there's still not enough to explain all of the additional), and the increase happens to coincide with the lockdown starting (people were dying from COVID-19 2 weeks before the spike).

Huh? If there's a 50-100% increase in deaths over a two month (or whatever) span, I'm fairly sure it can be chalked up to Covid-19.

As for dying from something else, people die from their heart stopping. Covid-19 just makes your body that much weaker so other things can kill you. It's still a Covid-19 death.

As for longer term, if you smooth it out over 100 years we'll all be dead. So much of the "oh, they would have died anyways" crowd, IMO.

I'm open to hearing a different explanation for the increased deaths above average. They seem to coincide with Covid-19 death counts broadly.

7 minutes ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Huh? If there's a 50-100% increase in deaths over a two month (or whatever) span, I'm fairly sure it can be chalked up to Covid-19.

As for dying from something else, people die from their heart stopping. Covid-19 just makes your body that much weaker so other things can kill you. It's still a Covid-19 death.

As for longer term, if you smooth it out over 100 years we'll all be dead. So much of the "oh, they would have died anyways" crowd, IMO.

I'm open to hearing a different explanation for the increased deaths above average. They seem to coincide with Covid-19 death counts broadly.

It would be a mistake to chalk them all up to COVID-19, especially when they don't even cover all of the increase and looking at deaths among age groups shows no real increase for under 40s (which shouldn't really be the case if the virus is a risk to young people with pre-existing conditions).

Unless COVID-19 is actually the cause of the death, then it's not a COVID-19 death, it's a person dying who happens to be infected. Under their current method of counting, you could be infected and die in a car accident and you're counted as a COVID-19 death. As long as it's mentioned on the death certificate, regardless of context, it's counted.

I think you've misunderstood the point of factoring in a long-term look at the average, it's not that everyone will eventually die, it's that those who would make up the "expected" deaths die much earlier because of the virus, which would leave a drop afterwards under the assumption that the majority dying are part of said average just earlier in the year.

A possible explanation for increased deaths is likely a combination of COVID-19, other diseases but waiting too late to go to the hospital for it, increased suicide rates, increased household accidents, less care/assistance for the elderly, difficulty accessing medicine, etc. Obviously, some can be offset with a decrease in things like road accidents or workplace accidents, but it's unlikely to perfectly offset. The chances of the additional deaths being exactly the same as the COVID-19 deaths (which they aren't even with the inflated COVID-19 figures, the additional deaths are higher) with no increase across the board in terms of ages is pretty low. There's more than just this virus at work.

The point, I think, is that they are very much likely undercounting Covid-19 deaths. They don't test the driver who gets killed in a crash so that's hardly the best example. But they don't test lots of other people who have died from other complications, especially at home, even though those complications are in all likelihood the result of Covid-19 making it that much harder to live.

If you want to say Covid-19 doesn't kill anyone, that technically true. It just makes your body weaker to fight off things that do kill you, like pneumonia or heart disease or cancer or whatever. Just like the car crash doesn't kill you, it's the bleeding to death that makes your brain and heart stop functioning - or it's the rib that stabbed your heart that stopped it from working properly.

While there is some likelihood that some of the extra deaths are from things only tangentially related or unrelated to Covid-19, there's no denying that there are extra deaths occurring. That's at least a step past "this is the normal flu" or "this is fake". I will give you that not every last extra death over the average is not a Covid-19 death.

But when they say Covid-19 has killed 50000 people and there's 60000 more deaths than average, I'd prefer not to argue with those that say it is the normal flu or it's fake or, indeed, that they are overcounting Covid-19 deaths.

1 hour ago, FundinStrongarm said:

The point, I think, is that they are very much likely undercounting Covid-19 deaths. They don't test the driver who gets killed in a crash so that's hardly the best example. But they don't test lots of other people who have died from other complications, especially at home, even though those complications are in all likelihood the result of Covid-19 making it that much harder to live.

It's very unlikely that the death figures are much higher for COVID-19 when so many counted aren't actual deaths from COVID-19 to begin with, and even less likely that all deaths at home are due to COVID-19 complications. Either the virus is deadly and hasn't spread enough yet to kill even more people, or it isn't that deadly and it's everywhere so that any deaths at home can be immediately counted as complications from COVID-19, but you can't have both.

If you want to say Covid-19 doesn't kill anyone, that technically true. It just makes your body weaker to fight off things that do kill you, like pneumonia or heart disease or cancer or whatever. Just like the car crash doesn't kill you, it's the bleeding to death that makes your brain and heart stop functioning - or it's the rib that stabbed your heart that stopped it from working properly.

I'm not saying COVID-19 doesn't kill anyone. I'm saying it's being over-reported (and exaggerated, at least in relation to the risk to young people) because figures are based on mentions of COVID-19. By the logic of saying "it makes you weaker and something else killed you therefore it killed you", we should really be labelling a lot as death by vitamin C deficiency then (or, on a related note, vitamin D deficiency, which is apparently exacerbating COVID-19 symptoms).

While there is some likelihood that some of the extra deaths are from things only tangentially related or unrelated to Covid-19, there's no denying that there are extra deaths occurring. That's at least a step past "this is the normal flu" or "this is fake". I will give you that not every last extra death over the average is not a Covid-19 death.

Yeah, there's more deaths, mostly limited to pensioners, which runs a little counter to the claim that people with underlying conditions from all age groups are at risk.

Who said this is influenza or fake?

But when they say Covid-19 has killed 50000 people and there's 60000 more deaths than average, I'd prefer not to argue with those that say it is the normal flu or it's fake or, indeed, that they are overcounting Covid-19 deaths.

They are over-counting COVID-19 deaths, though, by their own admission of how the figures are counted. People are dying from other things that were already killing them, they had the virus (and could've been asymptomatic but tested anyway or had mild symptoms), they were counted as a COVID-19 death. That's a simple fact.

The question of deaths can't be just chalked up to "there's X number of extra deaths therefore X number of COVID-19 victims" because that's simply not how it would work statistically. There's far too many variables involved to blindly believe something like that and expect to be taken seriously. Not every death from this new virus will be additional, obviously, there will inevitably be overlap with those who die (or rather would have died) from other diseases by its very nature.

There was a poll a few days ago that showed that people in the UK want the lockdown to continue, but the Government is planning to announce some relaxing on the lockdown on Sunday.  I wonder if there will be much change to the number of people going out from Monday.

Also it seems that BAEM are twice as likely to die from Covid-19 in the UK then white people.  There is no agreed reason as to why this is the case, although these groups do have the highest levels of poverty which may be part of the problem.

So, when you die of other things but Covid-19 speeds the process, is that not a Covid-19 death?

Regardless, it (or some other force I'm open to listening to) is causing lots more death than is typical on a daily or weekly basis. Yes, not every last death is Covid-19 but there's lots more death than normal and I'm willing to go out on a limb and say much of that is because of Covid-19. YMMV.

They overcount official numbers by own admission but undercount unofficial numbers because many many people aren't tested. How many have been tested? 1%? 5?

my new normal:

*made in china = no buy.

*movie theaters = nope.

*solicitation of, support for, voting in any and all nationalized business and or parties... especially with a strong stance against China.

*strong borders.

*strengthening local supply chains, buy and hire local wherever possible.

* in my case CANADA FIRST,  plus a heavy dose of respect for any western nation that does the same and opting for them as second choice.

you get the drift.

my biggest concern is when and if the time comes to glass China...

Nuclear Warmongering Is Back in Fashion - Future of Life Institute

... or at the very least completely cripple Chinas North Sea military capacity...  folk like Trump will be too afraid to start a war, or be blamed for.

regardless, first nation to bloody Chinas nose real bad;  gets a standing ovation from me!

one thing i am applauding Sweden for: https://news.yahoo.com/sweden-closes-last-remaining-confucius-142206744.html

1 hour ago, cossieuk said:

There was a poll a few days ago that showed that people in the UK want the lockdown to continue

_O-  a majority even if i am not mistaken...  _O-*O*_O-*O*_O-*O*

1 hour ago, cossieuk said:

the Government is planning to announce some relaxing on the lockdown on Sunday

messaging on this has been abysmal.  did they see the potential for shooting themselves in the foot? whoops i guess.

being the good Shepard, isn't such an easy job, especially if you have a wolfs intentions.

the inconsistencies haven't helped.

8 hours ago, Doro said:

My own conclusion: it was never about "saving lives", it was an exercise in familiarizing people with the "new normal".

the worst thing about momentum, is assuming you have control and can stop at the cliffs edge.  ;)

how are they going to build confidence in a vaccine, with soo much inconsistent messaging.... or what happened with remdesivir: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-52406261

will the vaccine be an inert form of the virus, or will it boost T cell production?  does it even have anything to do with a virus?

everyone knows you don't vaccinate someone with an auto-immune disorder with a T-cell booster...  well OK not everyone.  but folk with sure do!

not T cell boost, but inert form of virus?  didn't the W.H.O. just say this???:  https://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/immunity-passports-in-the-context-of-covid-19

can you count how many times they lost control of the messaging?  face masks anyone?

lets hope everyone Bill Gates surrounds himself with...  is loyal.  even some of the best laid plans...  come undone.  ;)

'The Public Health Agency of Canada says COVID-19 outbreaks at long-term care homes are responsible for 82% of coronavirus-related deaths in Canada ... Those 60 years of age or older make up 36% of Canada's COVID-19 caseload, 67% of hospitalizations & 95% of deaths.'

So going by https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-republicans-split-on-coronavirus-impact-poll-shows/ar-BB13V7pA , I'm not really surprised at the difference here as I suspect that (overall) the Democrats are less healthier than the Republicans (the body positivity movement is one example), which is why the Democrats tend to be more severely impacted by Covid-19 than the Republicans.

The relevant graph for the lazy:

BB13VhC5.img?h=584&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

17 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

So going by https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-republicans-split-on-coronavirus-impact-poll-shows/ar-BB13V7pA , I'm not really surprised at the difference here as I suspect that (overall) the Democrats are less healthier than the Republicans (the body positivity movement is one example), which is why the Democrats tend to be more severely impacted by Covid-19 than the Republicans.

The relevant graph for the lazy:

BB13VhC5.img?h=584&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Yeah. That's the proper takeaway.

Nothing to do with Trump&Co downplaying this thing for 5 months.

there has now been over 50000 excess deaths, these are deaths above the yearly average, in the UK as at 1st May.  Based on the average daily deaths of around 1600 over the past 5 years, that is around 31 days worth of extra deaths this year

10 hours ago, cossieuk said:

there has now been over 50000 excess deaths, these are deaths above the yearly average, in the UK as at 1st May.  Based on the average daily deaths of around 1600 over the past 5 years, that is around 31 days worth of extra deaths this year

Yup, and this is the current breakdown by age for those excess deaths:

Under 1:   10

1 to 14:   -67

15 to 44:   311

45 to 64:   4,194

65 to 74:   6,507

75 to 84:   15,915

85 & Over:   23,657

Pensioners make up a little over 90% of all excess deaths this year, almost 80% are over 75, and near half are over 85 (the average life expectancy is about 80, for comparison). So much for the idea the media keeps peddling that it's a threat to everyone. I still keep seeing parents afraid to send their kids to school or 20 year olds scared of being outside as though it's a death sentence, the fear-mongering got to them that much.

There was a fella on Twitter who made a valid (if harsh) point that the people who said back in 2016 that pensioners shouldn't get to vote because they wouldn't live long enough to see changes, are ironically the same people now saying the economy needs to continue to be crippled and suffer long-term consequences... for the sake of those very people who won't live long afterwards to see it.

I've been looking into this a bit more and there's some fairly rough statistics that can be used to get a less fuzzy look at COVID-19 deaths (though still frosted-glass level). Current estimates in some countries are that roughly 25% of all deaths attributed to the virus overlap with the expected deaths, along with another 25% being misattributed or died from something else while infected. That still leaves 50% of COVID-19 figures as additional deaths, which if applied to the UK at the start of May would be about 17,000 deaths, out of 50,000 additional deaths. Probably safer to assume 15% for each for the UK and have 23,000 out of 50,000 due directly to COVID-19.

For the remaining 27,000, it's still unconfirmed what's the cause, though I believe it's a sort of perfect storm situation. The excess deaths started increasing dramatically 2 - 3 weeks after the lockdown (and so longer than the incubation period), I put it not just down to possibly half of those additionals being COVID-19 without mentioning it, but also down to the lockdown itself. The stress it put on the elderly, the change in routine, the impact on their diets due to panic buying reducing options and fear of being outside, the lack of social contact to help with mental well-being, the decrease in vitamin D production from sunlight exposure (another big one for non-whites living in the UK), the classic case of old people not wanting to make a fuss and dying of other things because they left it too late, the deterrence of going outside to get their medication, the lack of exercise, reduction in care workers being able to help out, and over-cleaning and lack of exposure to other microbes which has effectively made their immune systems "complacent".

All those and more working together to increase the vulnerability of already vulnerable people. It's likely between 10,000 to 15,000 people have died from the effects of the lockdown itself, though how many of those would have died from COVID-19 otherwise won't really be known. The government should've thrown all they had into a properly assisted pensioner lockdown while everyone else got on with it. Instead, they killed thousands of old people anyway AND fucked the economy for young people as well. Two birds, one totalitarian new normal.

9 hours ago, Doro said:

The government should've thrown all they had into a properly assisted pensioner lockdown while everyone else got on with it.

amazingly in many places, exactly the opposite happened.

New York and Chris Cuomo being just one of many glaring examples:

https://news.yahoo.com/nys-cuomo-criticized-over-highest-145809357.html

Cuomo: Nursing homes 'don’t have the right to object' to order requiring admission of COVID-19 patients

Canada rises to 12th overall.  largest numbers coming from Quebec.

Ecuador beginning to get closer to accurate, still missing huge death count from early stages.

image.jpeg.ea97b27ca0a62bc77a89a292fcbe58df.jpeg

image.thumb.png.e904b2be49e37c7d532d01a05b8bcb3d.png

what is happening in Belgium seems criminal.  i haven't heard stories of hospital overcrowding out of Belgium, but it seems like they are letting people die.

couple more charts to compare with above:

image.thumb.png.c62d59730f6366ffec26da540d6c0bf4.png

image.thumb.png.b3fa5e686cf21a583c4882b86c57c1d3.png

South Korea with 5 in one million dying...  Taiwan less than one per million dying.

Sweden over 320-ish.

with ALL these numbers above...  totals are still well below initial modeling.  & yet given Taiwans success, it is rather pathetic just how many follow Chinas draconian example.

China is still lying & people are still dying.  official numbers for China are still under by an enormous magnitude.  THE CCP MUST PAY A HEAVY PRICE!

EDIT:

might as well have this direct in post:

I think Belgium counts everyone suspected of Corona as a Corona death - if you have symptoms, aren't tested, but dies, you will be counted in the statistics. So Belgium will probably have one of the smallest differences between the reported Covid-numbers and excess-death statistics.

Yet something else China doesn't need to be doing while this pandemic rages on, that being almost dropping 20 tons of rocket debris on New York City - which it narrowly missed by about fifteen minutes ( https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/05/large-chunks-of-a-chinese-rocket-missed-new-york-city-by-about-15-minutes/ ) as the debris went overhead and ended up impacting on the Ivory Coast ( https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/a32451633/china-long-march-5b-rocket-debris/ ) .  The kicker, China is using hydrazine as a fuel (which is a **VERY** toxic fuel) and the stage still had fuel left in it - so not only do you have the concussion from the debris hitting ground, you've also got a toxic site to clean up and/or fires to put out.

Keep in mind that it takes the International Space Station only 90 minutes to orbit Earth, so the rocket was likely moving near orbital velocity prior to deorbit.  This kind of idiocy will start a war, especially with the world as pissed off at China over the entire Coronavirus thing.

19 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Yet something else China doesn't need to be doing while this pandemic rages on, that being almost dropping 20 tons of rocket debris on New York City - which it narrowly missed by about fifteen minutes ( https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/05/large-chunks-of-a-chinese-rocket-missed-new-york-city-by-about-15-minutes/ ) as the debris went overhead and ended up impacting on the Ivory Coast ( https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/a32451633/china-long-march-5b-rocket-debris/ ) .  The kicker, China is using hydrazine as a fuel (which is a **VERY** toxic fuel) and the stage still had fuel left in it - so not only do you have the concussion from the debris hitting ground, you've also got a toxic site to clean up and/or fires to put out.

Keep in mind that it takes the International Space Station only 90 minutes to orbit Earth, so the rocket was likely moving near orbital velocity prior to deorbit.  This kind of idiocy will start a war, especially with the world as pissed off at China over the entire Coronavirus thing.

Not Covid-19. In the least.

Think about Britain and US while reading this;

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/14/the-coronavirus-slayer-how-keralas-rock-star-health-minister-helped-save-it-from-covid-19

Interview
The coronavirus slayer! How Kerala's rock star health minister helped save it from Covid-19
Laura Spinney
KK Shailaja has been hailed as the reason a state of 35 million people has only lost four to the virus. Here’s how the former teacher did it

On 20 January, KK Shailaja phoned one of her medically trained deputies. She had read online about a dangerous new virus spreading in China. “Will it come to us?” she asked. “Definitely, Madam,” he replied. And so the health minister of the Indian state of Kerala began her preparations.

Four months later, Kerala has reported only 524 cases of Covid-19, four deaths and – according to Shailaja – no community transmission. The state has a population of about 35 million and a GDP per capita of only £2,200. By contrast, the UK (double the population, GDP per capita of £33,100) has reported more than 40,000 deaths, while the US (10 times the population, GDP per capita of £51,000) has reported more than 82,000 deaths; both countries have rampant community transmission.

As such, Shailaja Teacher, as the 63-year-old minister is affectionately known, has attracted some new nicknames in recent weeks – Coronavirus Slayer and Rockstar Health Minister among them. The names sit oddly with the merry, bespectacled former secondary school science teacher, but they reflect the widespread admiration she has drawn for demonstrating that effective disease containment is possible not only in a democracy, but in a poor one.

Coronavirus: the week explained - sign up for our email newsletter
 Read more
How has this been achieved? Three days after reading about the new virus in China, and before Kerala had its first case of Covid-19, Shailaja held the first meeting of her rapid response team. The next day, 24 January, the team set up a control room and instructed the medical officers in Kerala’s 14 districts to do the same at their level. By the time the first case arrived, on 27 January, via a plane from Wuhan, the state had already adopted the World Health Organization’s protocol of test, trace, isolate and support.

As the passengers filed off the Chinese flight, they had their temperatures checked. Three who were found to be running a fever were isolated in a nearby hospital. The remaining passengers were placed in home quarantine – sent there with information pamphlets about Covid-19 that had already been printed in the local language, Malayalam. The hospitalised patients tested positive for Covid-19, but the disease had been contained. “The first part was a victory,” says Shailaja. “But the virus continued to spread beyond China and soon it was everywhere.”

In late February, encountering one of Shailaja’s surveillance teams at the airport, a Malayali family returning from Venice was evasive about its travel history and went home without submitting to the now-standard controls. By the time medical personnel detected a case of Covid-19 and traced it back to them, their contacts were in the hundreds. Contact tracers tracked them all down, with the help of advertisements and social media, and they were placed in quarantine. Six developed Covid-19.

Another cluster had been contained, but by now large numbers of overseas workers were heading home to Kerala from infected Gulf states, some of them carrying the virus. On 23 March, all flights into the state’s four international airports were stopped. Two days later, India entered a nationwide lockdown.

At the height of the virus in Kerala, 170,000 people were quarantined and placed under strict surveillance by visiting health workers, with those who lacked an inside bathroom housed in improvised isolation units at the state government’s expense. That number has shrunk to 21,000. “We have also been accommodating and feeding 150,000 migrant workers from neighbouring states who were trapped here by the lockdown,” she says. “We fed them properly – three meals a day for six weeks.” Those workers are now being sent home on charter trains.

etc....

Once the second wave has passed – if, indeed, there is a second wave – these teachers will return to schools. She hopes to do the same, eventually, because her ministerial term will finish with the state elections a year from now. Since she does not think the threat of Covid-19 will subside any time soon, what secret would she like to pass on to her successor? She laughs her infectious laugh, because the secret is no secret: “Proper planning.”

Jedy - Case closed.
 Elect idiots to lead you - count the coffins.