LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Papi

COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

18 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Why isn't the Trump hate contained in the 2020 Election thread?

If it's about his handling of the Batarang Virus, it's alright here seeing as how the US is now the second largest centre for it (no one believes you, China). Anything else US politics-wise that isn't about Jiangshi plague would go in the election thread.

7 hours ago, cossieuk said:

so the Prime Minister and the Health Secretory have both tested positive and the the chief medical office is showing symptoms.  This come the day after Prince Charles also tested positive.

All are showing mild symptoms, yet all bar the CMO got tested when the are front line health care staff that still cant get tested.  As long as their symptoms where only mild they should just have self isolated like anyone else would have to do.

Completely missed this. I've heard Bojo said he's going to work from home... isn't that what he normally does anyway? I guess he shook one too many hands at that hospital.

3 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

What's bad is that Trump has been doing this same braggadocio bullshit since his inauguration. Remember how his was the most widely attended ever but pictures showed it was average at best? His supporters don't give a flying fuck because he supposedly pwns the Libs. And he's been doing the exact same bullshit routine for 4 years.

It's cause he's getting results and keeping America calm.

Next up:

Trump asked about what governors can do to enable fed assistance for Covid-19: "very simple, I want them to be appreciative-I don't want them to say things that aren't true, I want them to be appreciative."

There's the threat folks, if they call out Trump's lies, their states will suffer. He wants them to kiss the ring.

That's complete and total bullshit.

Look at his statements from 6-8 weeks ago when he downplayed the hell out of this thing. Then he says he knew it was a pandemic all along. Do people not see the absolute bullshit this man says on a daily basis? There's several videos on it, including a good one from the Biden campaign - which Trump threatened the licenses of tv stations that ran the ad, in total disregard for 1st amendment rights.

If Trump wasn't taking this seriously, why was the Coronovirus Task Force created on January 29th?  See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Coronavirus_Task_Force

Now he orders GM and Ford to make ventilators, like they have some fucking switch on their assembly line that says cars/ventilators. (Disregarding that automakers are shut down right now.)

They actually volunteered of their own volition.  Trump merely activated the legislation, but (AFAIK) he hasn't compelled industry to do anything.  If you can find a source that proves the point, go for it.

TTT. Test, trace and treat. That's what's needed but too late now it seems.

We're kinda already doing the former, the trace part has been going on for a while, and as far as treating goes, that should happen (from what I have heard in NYC) soon... but you kinda need a known good need a cure a virus in order to treat it and we don't have clinical data that shows the cocktail to be a known good cure.

------------------

So the MSM is getting called out on their Anti-Trump bias:

10 hours ago, Doro said:
Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Tot Deaths/
1M pop
USA 102,464 +17,029 1,607 +312 2,471 98,386 2,463 310 5
Italy 86,498 +5,909 9,134 +919 10,950 66,414 3,732 1,431 151
China 81,394 +54 3,295 +3 74,971 3,128 886 57 2
Spain 65,719 +7,933 5,138 +773 9,357 51,224 4,165 1,406 110
Germany 50,871 +6,933 351 +84 6,658 43,862 1,581 607 4
France 32,964 +3,809 1,995 +299 5,700 25,269 3,787 505 31
Iran 32,332 +2,926 2,378 +144 11,133 18,821 2,893 385 28
UK 14,543 +2,885 759 +181 135 13,649 163 214 11
Switzerland 12,928 +1,117 231 +39 1,530 11,167 203 1,494 27
S. Korea 9,332 +91 139 +8 4,528 4,665 59 182 3

Come on, I was pretty fucking close! 12 hours out, but still.

Didn't expect UK to rise to 8th place, though. When did the lockdown come into effect? I guess there'll be no noticeable impact of a lockdown until around 2 weeks after it's in place, as all the infections in that time will have already happened without people realising it, they'll just start manifesting symptoms when they're inside.

The UK lock down was announce last Friday, so it has been a week.

South Korea has announced that they have more recovered than are still infected.  They really seem to have got this under control by acting so quickly and doing mass testing

It reported 146 new cases on Saturday, taking the total to 9,478 - of whom 4,811 have been released from hospital.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/52075063

5 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

If Trump wasn't taking this seriously, why was the Coronovirus Task Force created on January 29th?  See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Coronavirus_Task_Force

Yet in February he claimed that the number of cases would drop to 0 in a few days.  That is not taking this seriously. 

What did they do in February to plan for this virus.  Why is there an issue with protective gear for health workers, even now.  

14 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

1. It's cause he's getting results and keeping America calm.

2. That's complete and total bullshit.

3. If Trump wasn't taking this seriously, why was the Coronovirus Task Force created on January 29th?  See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Coronavirus_Task_Force

4. They actually volunteered of their own volition.  Trump merely activated the legislation, but (AFAIK) he hasn't compelled industry to do anything.  If you can find a source that proves the point, go for it.

5. We're kinda already doing the former, the trace part has been going on for a while, and as far as treating goes, that should happen (from what I have heard in NYC) soon... but you kinda need a known good need a cure a virus in order to treat it and we don't have clinical data that shows the cocktail to be a known good cure.

------------------

So the MSM is getting called out on their Anti-Trump bias:

1. This is funny.

2. https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-gretchen-whitmer-michigan-coronavirus-feud-032411002.html

Also, what king of person (besides mafia boss-types) need people to show their appreciation to them before they will get federal assistance?

3. Addressed by cossiek above. His task force might have been worthwhile if they'd have actually done anything. See 5.

4. This is the king of high school garbage the actually fucking PotUS posts on Twitter: 

General Motors MUST immediately open their stupidly abandoned Lordstown plant in Ohio, or some other plant, and START MAKING VENTILATORS, NOW!!!!!!  FORD, GET GOING ON VENTILATORS, FAST!!!!!!

and: As usual with “this” General Motors, things just never seem to work out. They said they were going to give us 40,000 much needed Ventilators, “very quickly”. Now they are saying it will only be 6000, in late April, and they want top dollar. Always a mess with Mary B. Invoke “P”.

Does he think they have some sort of switch or something? What an imbecile. Are "MUST" and "GET GOING ON VENTILATORS" not orders? What kind of President issues those kinds of demands on Twitter?

5. This is hilarious. Over 100k cases and you think they have a handle on things? That's the garbage Trump said 8 weeks ago when there were 5 cases in the US. South Korea is the model of TTT. Treat means care and isolate. Testing is amazingly woeful in the US, unlike SK. CDC and FDA still holding up testing innovation by private companies.

This could have been handled far batter if taken seriously 8 weeks ago.

just a regular flu season bro...

nothing unusual about that interview at all...  and no media jumping up and down over the WHO's early stances on person to person transmission, or social gathering, or travel...  though i suspect a nice super cut is on its way soon, highlighting this.

also, again pointing to:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-23/china-s-mobile-carriers-lose-15-million-users-as-virus-bites

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2020/03/24/21-million-chinese-cellphone-users-disappear-in-three-months-of-pandemic/

the Bloomberg article updated too 21 million as well.

On 3/26/2020 at 8:28 PM, LasraelLarson said:

China to the rescue!!!

Coronavirus tests Spain purchased from China fail to detect positive cases

30% sensitivity tests unreliable.  80% is the industry standard?  seems 100% certainty when it comes to tests, no one is there yet.

Netherlands recalls defective masks imported from China

The recall concerned nearly half of the shipment of 1.3 million masks, known as FFP2 - 600,000 had already been sent to hospitals, the public television channel NOS reported.

nothing suspect about any of this...  i am sure they are sincere with efforts to assist. 🤧 🤢 🤮

20 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

though i suspect a nice super cut is on its way soon, highlighting this.

CNN of all places, who knew?

and the whole thing around New Yorks Chinese Lunar New Year (of the rat) celebration in February is another doozy of city officials condemning racism and encouraging participation, even attending the pubic festival...

Where are all the people who, because the asteroid headed to Earth hadn't killed anyone yet, said we shouldn't worry about it? Who said it was all going to go away?

I've realised I've been making a mistake, and that the US isn't top dog in this... it's the EU. Those sneaky globalists hiding themselves behind individual member state figures.

Again, the mortality column will be more relevant as this progresses, but for now it's only really any use to compare to the world figures (obviously, I've removed China from this because their unreliable figures are throwing everything off).

Give it a week and the US takes over the EU? Definitely before Easter, at least.

image.png

58 minutes ago, Doro said:

Again, the mortality column will be more relevant as this progresses, but for now it's only really any use to compare to the world figures

and again you are using the recovered to deaths as calculation

when you use contracted cases to deaths...

EU= 6.6298115336%

US= 1.7452683835%

or the fact France is likely to pass Germany here fairly soon and it will accelerate there, as it has in Spain.  Germany seems to be fairing well, though this:

German finance minister commits suicide

has me thinking Germanys late start may not hold for much longer, though for hospital capacity and respirators, they seem to be the best off, so perhaps they will handle the surge better. 

regardless, the percentages are rising.  when all the counting is done, will it be a global average of 4%...  10%...  or higher.

also does infection plus recovery provide immunity?  are the side-effects of infection short term, or lifelong?

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/29/white-house-extends-social-distancing-guidelines-to-april-30/

April 30 is an extension of over 2 weeks past April 12.  so not over by Easter in the US.  which according to modeling, is subject to change, so keep that in mind as well.

43 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

and again you are using the recovered to deaths as calculation

And again, because those are the two outcomes for the virus.

9 minutes ago, Doro said:

On 3/26/2020 at 5:32 PM, Doro said:

so until then this is simply morbid speculation. I post it because I'm wondering how long it's going to take for the media to start doing the same, knowing these sorts of sensationalised figures can drive their engagement rates up (unless they are already).

* death

*full recovery

*partial recovery with secondary issues that subside over time

*partial recovery with secondary issues that are lifelong

*reinfection.

that's at least 5 by my count.

36 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

* death

*full recovery

*partial recovery with secondary issues that subside over time

*partial recovery with secondary issues that are lifelong

*reinfection.

that's at least 5 by my count.

Two. Death or recovery. Reinfection isn't an outcome, it's repetition with the outcome once again being death or recovery. Nothing sensationalised about that fact either.

31 minutes ago, Doro said:

Two. Death or recovery. Reinfection isn't an outcome, it's repetition with the outcome once again being death or recovery.

you familiar with the 3 waves of the Spanish Flu?  2 wave was the deadliest.

the parts of SARS2 that are like "SARS", isn't my concern...  its the "2" part (or the things not like SARS) that has me asking questions.

thing about this is looking back with clarity at the death total...  will it take 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years?  no one is afforded that privilege currently. 

with the flash point of this situation blatantly obscured by the Chinese Government...  the only point i would agree with you on, is it is pointless to include China as that false model skews the results everywhere else.

1 hour ago, Doro said:

Nothing sensationalised about that fact either.

On 3/26/2020 at 5:32 PM, Doro said:

these sorts of sensationalised figures

cooking the numbers like U Wuz the Wuhan Institute of Virology...

Taking bats as the research object, I will answer the molecular mechanism that can coexist with Ebola and SARS- associated coronavirus for a long time without disease, and its relationship with flight and longevity.

10 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

you familiar with the 3 waves of the Spanish Flu?  2 wave was the deadliest.

And the outcomes were the same: recovery or death.

the parts of SARS2 that are like "SARS", isn't my concern...  its the "2" part (or the things not like SARS) that has me asking questions.

You aren't asking questions right now. You're trying to correct what I've already made clear isn't correct yet, but wrong in your conclusion as to why the mortality rate is currently unreliable.

cooking the numbers like U Wuz the Wuhan Institute of Virology...

You've fundamentally misunderstood what I've said if you think what I've said is remotely similar.

well, both ways of calculating, deaths against recoveries and deaths against total cases, should be made; And total death rate will be somewhere between those. And even then it won't say that much, because here in the Netherlands we only test health-care-workers and those with serious issues. And that will probably the case in many countries.

And you'd like to differentiate between age group, gender, existing conditions etc. And if you have cancer f.e. and also you also get Corona, you probably won't survive. But are you counted as a Corona death? Or not? And that probably also varies within and between countries.

Even ICU admissions can't be compared between countries. In Italy they try to save everyone, but ICU's are/ were full, so admissions are limited by availability. In the Netherlands you sort of have an individual choice if you want be on the ICU for weeks, being in coma probably. And if you survive, especially after being ventilated for a prolonged period and being of age, you will have serious health issues. So many 80+ patients won't go to the ICU here in the Netherlands.

Thus very difficult to compare.

10 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

no one sane believes Chinas numbers...

You're correct. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/health-insurance-premiums-could-skyrocket-analysis/ar-BB11SdbI

Health insurance premiums could skyrocket because of the coronavirus pandemic, according to analysis released last week.

Premiums could jump as much as 40 percent next year if the coronavirus ends up hospitalizing millions of Americans, state insurance marketplace Covered California's analysis warned.

No doubt Americans will be bailing out the healthcare profiteers. Bernie's ideas look more appealing as every day passes.

8 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

You're correct. 

i the truth ever surfaces, i suspect the numbers will be something like: 1,500,000 infected and 150,000 dead.  a 10% mortality rate.  still dwarfing everywhere else.

truth may remain hidden for some time yet especially with the WHO and western media outlets carrying water for China.

but the 81,439 cases and 3,300 deaths number currently is just flat out false.

oh media what would we ever do without you...

^same situation for California^

comparison video is not uploaded to hosting yet, but CBS caught using footage from Italy:

HERE!

so totally dishonest.

LIVE VIDEO President Trump gives update on federal coronavirus response. Click to watch full coverage...

Today, another wordsalad session from the US President filled with gibberish and then followed with spite and hate to anyone who doesn't coddle him. No thanks I will take a pass.

Meanwhile...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coronavirus-update-cuomo-says-im-seeing-people-die-all-around-me-as-he-appeals-for-more-federal-government-help/ar-BB11VdrK?li=BBnb7Kz

“Pardon me if I’m a little emotional, but I’m living with this 24 hours a day and I’m seeing people die all around me,” Cuomo said. “The science people, the government professionals have to stand up and look the president in the eye and say this is not a political exercise. This is not press relations. It’s not optics. The tsunami is coming. We know it is."

1 hour ago, Splay said:

Meanwhile...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coronavirus-update-cuomo-says-im-seeing-people-die-all-around-me-as-he-appeals-for-more-federal-government-help/ar-BB11VdrK?li=BBnb7Kz

“Pardon me if I’m a little emotional, but I’m living with this 24 hours a day and I’m seeing people die all around me,” Cuomo said. “The science people, the government professionals have to stand up and look the president in the eye and say this is not a political exercise. This is not press relations. It’s not optics. The tsunami is coming. We know it is."

is New York completely broke?

just keep asking Trump for more...

what happens when it is time to take credit?

USS comfort (1000 beds) is ready to go today, as is the 1000 beds in Javits Center (which can expand to 2910 beds.) in addition to the central park field hospital.  PPE production is going to be at 50,000+ per day in very short order.  & the ventilator situation...  is Trump going to provide for absolutely every last contingency?

what happens if Trump succeeds on all counts?

let me guess...  it still won't be good enough.

maybe the opposing side might want to do something yourselves so when credit time comes, collectively you have something besides bellyaching and a big fat goose egg on the other side of the ledger...  just sayin.

or you know, keep moaning that Orange Man fool is doing nothing.  because as i said before, the plate of crow servings will be plenty...

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.X28v3Pg7VZTU1VV-HJFuSgHaEH%26pid%3DApi&f=1

please consider what the list of credits your side can legitimately come up with and take credit for...  cause beyond bellyaching, that current list seems rather short.  you have literally spent all your time trying to undermine/impeach Trump.

do nothings get no credit...