LOTROCommunity

COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

1 hour ago, LasraelLarson said:

just keep asking Trump for more...

what happens when it is time to take credit?

... is Trump going to provide for absolutely every last contingency?

... so when credit time comes...

...  list of credits...

... take credit for...

do nothings get no credit...

Trump's the POTUS. It's his job to deal with the situation, it's not a favour. He has to provide during the crisis, regardless of what colour state gets helped. It's not a thing where credit is the focus (funnily enough, people are more concerned with deaths than petty partisan point-scoring), he has to put the US first without any thought of recognition and do what's necessary. Which he isn't doing.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One concern on the horizon amid the virus spread is farmers and their seasonal crops. In the US most of the manual labor in the fields is done by seasonal migrant workers. When I say most, of course t

Yes, they more than succeeded in making the West a clown zone. The whiplash-inducing hypocrisy of the media is just too much for words now. It's not even a question of pretending not to be lying or sh

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Doro said:

Trump's the POTUS. It's his job to deal with the situation, it's not a favour. He has to provide during the crisis, regardless of what colour state gets helped. It's not a thing where credit is the focus (funnily enough, people are more concerned with deaths than petty partisan point-scoring), he has to put the US first without any thought of recognition and do what's necessary.

the 10th amendment to the US constitution.  an interesting thing with regard to healthcare...

you make it sound like everyone else is powerless.  not true.

27 minutes ago, Doro said:

Which he isn't doing.

heh, that is where you are wrong.

1 hour ago, LasraelLarson said:

what happens when it is time to take credit?

Credit is given when duly earned. It's not something a person of integrity can self bestow and claim with some self righteous posture.

Also...

The United States is just that. Fifty sovereign governments with their own State Constitutions who have met the accepted criteria and pledged allegiance to form a union which is a Democratic Republic.

With that said, any state can leave the union with just cause (Being denied, withheld, or impugned without proof) and can alternatively expect reciprocity at any time of crisis. In fact, states can demand a reciprocal environment when the federal government has already concurred a crisis is in the making or underway.

Furthermore, through implication and direct text of constitution's, every state empowers itself to defend itself, from foreign or domestic acts, which will serve to disestablish its constitution, or their determined sovereign borders.

Trump has no leg to stand on when a national emergency has already been declared and put in place. Trump has to do his duty for the office of President he has pledged to uphold. So, if Trump pisses around too much acting like a beaten dog for not doing his job, he may find states will give him a big fuck you. There are already 20 states that would willingly secede from the union. With more than enough signatures to do so, but they need a President to accept their succession. No President has accepted these motions, but those are during times of peace. Given the current environment, peace doesn't describe this very well. Trump will do his job or the states will defend themselves and in forced to do so, may decide the union no longer serves their best interest.

Considering the current scope, of the existence, of our Democratic Republic, Trump would disappear before the Feds would willingly let a state secede during a national emergency. That's right. The Feds (and I don't mean Trumps appointed lackeys) would yank his ass right out of the WH and throw him in a supermax, before allowing the US to go into another civil war. The same Feds know if things went so far as to begin a civil war, the US would not exist as it does today. Ya... Trump, or the US? Hopefully the moron isn't so bold as to pose the choice by his arrogance, because he gets the shortest straw.

Maybe you should stick to Canadian politics and procedure.

22 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

the 10th amendment to the US constitution.  an interesting thing with regard to healthcare...

You're right. Silly me. People dying doesn't matter any more, only Trump getting credit does because that's in the US constitution.

you make it sound like everyone else is powerless.  not true.

Again, you're right. Trump has no power in this situation, nobody should expect anything from him.

heh, that is where you are wrong.

Three for three! That list of all that he's done that you've provided was fascinating and completely undercuts that the US has the fastest growing infected population in the world.

Sarcastic? Who, me?

you 2 are clueless.

Trump doing something Vs. Trump doing everything.  right over both of you thick lefty heads.  as expected.

this isn't about Trump getting credit.  it IS about the opposition having an accomplishment column that is entirely empty... well there was the impeachment fiasco, that sure paid off.

the States that expect the Federal apparatus to entirely handle everything...  cede much.

all the more rich when they complain incessantly over something that was not totally outside their purview.

do nothing losers continue to cry and do nothing, because they are losers.  keep on losing, crybabies...

Trump will handle this.

20 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

you 2 are clueless.

Trump will handle this.

I bet you wrote these in the same post without any hint of irony.

Trump doing something

Still waiting on what he's apparently done, despite sky-rocketing infection rates.

this isn't about Trump getting credit. 

Proceeds to stamp feet about who should get credit.

do nothing losers continue to cry and do nothing, because they are losers.  keep on losing, crybabies...

It's weird that you support Trump while also denouncing him with shit like this. I guess that's the idiot far-right for you.

17 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

more than the opposition, by far.

Stop deflecting, nobody gives a shit what some out-of-power Democrats have or haven't done. What is it you think Trump has done that's helped?

1 hour ago, Doro said:

Stop deflecting

right after you.

1 hour ago, Doro said:

nobody gives a shit what some out-of-power Democrats have or haven't done.

you mean lefty do nothing flakes don't give a shit.

BTW i was not talking about Hillary Clinton.

i am talking Federal power and State power.  you seem to think the Federal power is 100% responsible whilst simultaneously absolving the individual states of any.

1 hour ago, Doro said:

What is it you think Trump has done that's helped?

we know how this goes already:

https://i1.wp.com/www.bookwormroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Coronavirus-Trump-formed-task-force-Pelosi-handed-out-Pens.jpg?resize=571%2C571

and you respond, that was nothing.

i mention china travel ban, you again say does nothing.

fuck your shifty ass schizophrenic goalposts moving.

things i haven't yet mentioned yet...

* using hydroxychloroquine as treatment for patients with Covid19.

* New Balance manufacturing PPE & hospital gowns. & the many other companies now involved inside the US to help with the fight.

and now you'll say, "still nothing."

you are kinda just like Rachel Maddow who can't see anything, therefore it never happened...

problem is you just aren't paying attention.

we will see what happens with GM and ventilators, but it would not surprise me if another company or 2 or 3 aren't also lined up and ready to produce and ship these items.

and of course because it hasn't happened yet, you will say it won't happen.  and when it does, you'll stick your head in the sand and move to the next attack, and then the next.

Meanwhile Trump will get up again each day and deal with it.

image.jpeg.ef4d34f458fa6f7092f0ee02ad522d68.jpeg

some things are VERY predictable.

BTW i was not talking about Hillary Clinton.

Neither was I. It might have escaped your notice, but Republicans basically run things in the US right now. They're the ones with the power in this crisis, and yet you keep trying to point at petty Democrat shit as if that absolves Trump's failures.

i am talking Federal power and State power.  you seem to think the Federal power is 100% responsible whilst simultaneously absolving the individual states of any.

Nope, I'm saying Federal power is being requested to help State power, and Trump is delaying, refusing, or doubting the necessity of such help. You want to act like Federal power has 0% responsibility, go ahead.

and you respond, that was nothing.

It clearly was, look at the infection rate in the US. The taskforce is a laughable joke when they've had 2 months to prep but still ended up here.

i mention china travel ban, you again say does nothing.

International travel bans work on preventing spread to the country. It does nothing to prevent the internal spread. See how it's the latter the US is struggling with?

fuck your shifty ass schizophrenic goalposts moving.

Don't project so much. Or maybe projection is a secondary symptom of the virus? After all, we just don't know. It's a complete mystery.

things i haven't yet mentioned yet...

* using hydroxychloroquine as treatment for patients with Covid19.

A drug for a different disease that has no evidence as treatment for COVID-19, that's Trump's doing is it? Or are we now including his snake-oil speculation to bulk out the otherwise gaunt list of Trump's successes in this outbreak?

* New Balance manufacturing PPE & hospital gowns. & the many other companies now involved inside the US to help with the fight.

Something they needed earlier, but well done to those private companies for stepping up. Not Trump's doing, though.

problem is you just aren't paying attention.

List it then. It's either verifiable, or it's in your own biased head. Even I could mentioned 2 or 3 points, let's see if you can.

we will see what happens with GM and ventilators, but it would not surprise me if another company or 2 or 3 aren't also lined up and ready to produce and ship these items.

That'll be useful, but again private companies stepping up to help an incompetent government led by an egotistical liar isn't exactly one for the list of Trump successes.

and of course because it hasn't happened yet...

Trump's contribution to fighting the pandemic: a currently non-existent but hopeful possibility of more private companies helping out in the future. I sure was wrong!

Meanwhile Trump will get up again each day and deal with it.

Let me know when he actually starts doing so.

some things are VERY predictable.

Like you being unable to argue your point and throwing in half a dozen irrelevant videos and images to hide behind while ranting about imaginary lefties. Change the tune.

34 minutes ago, Doro said:

but Republicans basically run things in the US right now.

not the house.

I'm saying Federal power is being requested to help State power, and Trump is delaying, refusing, or doubting the necessity of such help.

and you are wrong:

the travel bans did help slow the speed.  that was the entire purpose, to delay to gain more time to prepare.

drug for a different disease that has no evidence as treatment for COVID-19,

wrong again:  https://techstartups.com/2020/03/18/breaking-controlled-clinical-study-conducted-doctors-in-france-shows-hydroxychloroquine-cures-100-coronavirus-patients-within-6-days-treatment-covidtrial-io/

Something they needed earlier,

production lines had to be converted, you act like this virus existed last year.

the gravity of this situation has only really been known since roughly around January 23 when the massive lock-downs started to occur in China.  It is now the end of March, exactly how do you propose earlier being remotely realistic without also exposing your jaw dropping stupidity in the process.  roughly 60 day response time is pretty reasonable.

your lazy ass thinks it can magic something like that up over night....  hilarious.

Not Trump's doing, though.

oh Trump very much played a part.  these company executives have been meeting with him for several weeks now.

It's either verifiable

so far i have linked a lot of verification...  you've ignored.  ventilators have not happened...  yet.  but there are companies that could fill the gap quickly:

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/03/13/coronavirus-ventilator-manufacturers-not-ramping-up-production-yet/

as to your next segments regarding private companies.  Trump has always maintained that the private sector was the solution, not government.  it has always been his game-plan and he has never stated otherwise.  though Trump is on record regarding private sector constantly, as are his team.

Change the tune.

you know that is a good idea.  you are a bore anyway.

this is way more interesting...

12 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

not the house.

Oh yeah, that's the lynchpin in everything, obviously. /sarc

and you are wrong:

You mean Cuomo is having to suck up after Trump openly said he would only help governors who would stop criticising him. Little Donnie's ego needed to be massaged or he was going throw a tantrum fatal to a lot of New Yorkers.

the travel bans did help slow the speed.  that was the entire purpose, to delay to gain more time to prepare.

And yet the spread hasn't slowed. So that extra time to prepare apparently meant nothing.

Nope, look up what actually happened and the details involved. You've fallen for clickbait.

production lines had to be converted, you act like this virus existed last year.

Well yeah, the virus did exist last year. November, remember? But no, I'm acting like the virus was a concern since the beginning of this year. Plenty of time to have converted over before now. Sorry if something like that seems so complex to you that you think months are needed.

oh Trump very much played a part.

Ha, you keep telling yourself that.

so far i have linked a lot of verification...  you've ignored.

For irrelevant bullshit, yeah.

ventilators have not happened...  yet.  but there are companies that could fill the gap quickly:

Again, speculation of private companies filling needed roles in response to government incompetence, not really a mark for Trump's scoreboard that you're tracking.

as to your next segments regarding private companies.  Trump has always maintained that the private sector was the solution, not government.

Ah so because Trump's been pretty useless himself, but he's previously praised privatisation, that means he should get that "credit" for when companies do something good. If only Tokyo hadn't delayed the Olympics, you could've entered mentally for gymnastics.

you know that is a good idea.

And yet you did it again.

how bought you link some counter info Doro.

you have provided jack shit in the way of evidence for counter-arguments.

the nuh-uh routine is fucking childish.

either you start backing up what you are saying or we are done.

as example

7 minutes ago, Doro said:

Nope, look up what actually happened and the details involved. You've fallen for clickbait.

your assertion is empty, like limp dick flaccid, empty barrel projection.  hydroxychloroquine is a successful treatment.

you do not posses an argument.

everyone else, bear witness as Doro is about to fire another blank.

34 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

how bought you link some counter info Doro.

For what? You're the one making the claim of Trump's success. Try it.

your assertion is empty, like limp dick flaccid, empty barrel projection. 

Leave that sort of shit between you and your orange master, little bitch.

hydroxychloroquine is a successful treatment.

Except there's currently no evidence to make such a claim. Even Fauci, a man on Trump's own task force, admitted it. Don't be so gullible just because Trump has said something.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jails-are-petri-dishes-inmates-freed-as-the-virus-spreads-behind-bars/ar-BB11V0Q8

Attorney General William P. Barr said officials were trying to expand home confinement, as opposed to directly releasing federal prisoners, almost all of whom were convicted of felonies. He ordered an assessment of at-risk nonviolent inmates, particularly those who have served much of their sentence.

“I don’t want people to think that we’re opening up the jail doors and letting people go,” the judge said, adding, “We have to protect the public, and we also have to protect the safety of the inmate.”

“Our jails are petri dishes,” said Toni Preckwinkle, president of the Cook County Board of Commissioners, comparing them to nursing homes or cruise ships

Deputies in Los Angeles have also been instructed to make fewer arrests, and Sheriff Villanueva asked the district attorney and courts to delay some criminal proceedings.

Trumps says he knows Seoul better than anyone then proceeds to say it has  population of 38 million which is more than any US city.  Seoul only has a population of around 10 million.  Why does he persist in making up such bullshit numbers that can be so easily fact checked .  Given that he does that all the time you can never trust any number he gives you.

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-gets-seoul-population-wrong-by-28-million-after-boasting-he-knows-south-korea-better-than-anybody-11966163

He also said New York doesnt need 30000 ventilators 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-coronavirus-ventilators-fox-news-hannity-covid-19-symptoms-a9429661.html

The when asked about this, he said he didnt say it and has a go at the journalist

He is a complete bellend

38 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

Trumps says he knows Seoul better than anyone then proceeds to say it has  population of 38 million which is more than any US city.  Seoul only has a population of around 10 million.  Why does he persist in making up such bullshit numbers that can be so easily fact checked .  Given that he does that all the time you can never trust any number he gives you.

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-gets-seoul-population-wrong-by-28-million-after-boasting-he-knows-south-korea-better-than-anybody-11966163

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-coronavirus-ventilators-fox-news-hannity-covid-19-symptoms-a9429661.html

The when asked about this, he said he didnt say it and has a go at the journalist

He is a complete bellend

Indeed he is. But it is hard to decide whether his supporters like him despite his pathological lying or because of it.

As long as his lying upsets the Libs it's all good in their eyes.

2 hours ago, cossieuk said:

He is a complete bellend

People are conjecturing that he got the 38 million figure by misinterpreting the elevation of Seoul (38 M) listed on the wiki page as the population (taking meters to be millions). 

People are also saying that by going on the attack immediately he effectively avoids answering the question.

He does this a lot.

This guy is something. Always saying he is great, the best, the smartest, knows everything and better than anyone else. Living in a constant state of denial. In some small way I feel sorry for him. Today a co-worker won the day when he said to me. "Every time I see Trump approach a mic, I want to see him burst into flames." Trumps ashes would serve humanity better than his actual person.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/why-the-new-effort-to-blame-coronavirus-fumbles-on-the-impeachment-trial-falls-so-far-short/ar-BB11YO9C

As far as political rhetoric goes, it doesn’t get much tidier. What if the still growing coronavirus epidemic could be blamed not on President Trump and missteps by the federal government but, instead, on Democrats? What if Americans could be convinced that thousands of them are dying because Democrats were focused earlier this year on kicking Trump out of the White House and not through any fault of the White House itself?

11 minutes ago, Splay said:

This guy is something.

Bolsonaro beats him hands down.

Criminals, both of them. Imbecility is not an excuse, when you are in a position of power. 

55 minutes ago, Splay said:

This guy is something. Always saying he is great, the best, the smartest, knows everything and better than anyone else. Living in a constant state of denial. In some small way I feel sorry for him. Today a co-worker won the day when he said to me. "Every time I see Trump approach a mic, I want to see him burst into flames." Trumps ashes would serve humanity better than his actual person.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/why-the-new-effort-to-blame-coronavirus-fumbles-on-the-impeachment-trial-falls-so-far-short/ar-BB11YO9C

As far as political rhetoric goes, it doesn’t get much tidier. What if the still growing coronavirus epidemic could be blamed not on President Trump and missteps by the federal government but, instead, on Democrats? What if Americans could be convinced that thousands of them are dying because Democrats were focused earlier this year on kicking Trump out of the White House and not through any fault of the White House itself?

Heh. But the whole point of the Ukraine call was that Trump was playing 4 dimensional chess to distract Democrats while he got conservative judges confirmed. Someone said so in the other thread.

Now Trump will try to spin it a different way, surely with full throated support of the base. 🤪🙄

1 hour ago, Bohemond said:

Media: Wuhan Virus. Woohahn Virus. Chinese Coronavirus. Chinese Wuhan Virus. Wuhan Chinese Coronavirus.

Trump: Chinese Virus comes from China

Media: Orange Man RACIST!

Can you find anyone in this thread who agreed with the media on this?

Trump wants travel ban, so racist won't do anything.

*10 minutes later*

Trump so useless, too slow in implementing travel bans

He wasn't too slow, and nobody has said that here. It's the domestic spread he's fucked up.

Trump is useless, there's not enough testing!

*testing increases*

zomg! Orange Man so bad, infection rate skyrocketing!

Testing alone =/= preventing spread.

Media: looks like masks and hand santisiers are being stolen from hospitals

Trump: looks like masks and hand santisiers are being stolen from hospitals

Media: zomg Orange Man is accusing doctors and nurses of stealing from hospitals. How dare you!

Where has anyone here said that?

21 hours ago, Doro said:

A drug for a different disease that has no evidence as treatment for COVID-19

why would a drug for treating Malaria have any effect for a flu?  answer, it would not.

but this isn't just a flu bro.

hydroxychloroquine is an effective immune modulator that has success in treating Malaria, Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis  & AIDS...  in other words immune compromised sicknesses.

so why is this working?

... and yes it is working, even before the French clinical trials  & before Donald Trump promoted it as potential therapeutic treatment...  South Koreans (and others) have also had success with its use.

anyway getting into a discussion that this forum isn't really prepared for...

the SARS like spike receptor for Covid19 is optimized by a factor of 10 for transmission.  and while that is important for modeling infections...  and it could be naturally selected for through mutation over a significant period of time...  the optimization for transmission by a factor if 10 is a rather aggressive mutation adaption to say the least.  a concerning thing, but...  this isn't the part that concerns me the most.

once transmitted, the attacks on the immune system, whilst not identical to other immune system compromised diseases, STILL compromises the patients immune system.  this is where secondary issues become a risk factor, when normal immune function is compromised & also why this hydroxychloroquine treatment is having reported successes.

additionally to the above...  the other factor of this virus, hemorrhagic attacks on organs beyond the lungs causing damage, collapse, and internal bleeding.

so yeah an immune modulator medication is effective therapy.  it is not click bait.  and it has been successful.  there is proof and as time rolls on that proof will become ample.

with regard to that SARS spike receptor transmission factor optimized by a factor of 10X...  what an efficient little adaptive behavior to have occurred entirely naturally...

unless that isn't how these modifications occurred at all:

edit: whoops the above video was missing this section:

it is entirely plausible this little designer chimera was cooked up in a lab.

The Wuhan19 CCP Chimera Virus.