LOTROCommunity

Patching has started

cossieuk

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently if you leave it for to long at examining game data it will hang and stop working

Servers are not currently availalbe to players. However you may be able to patch your client. Though you should be aware that due to a large volume of players trying to patch all at once, you may encounter log wait times during the "examine" phase. If you are seeing this, we encourage you to close your launcher and try again in a few minutes. If you leave your launcher in this state it may time out and hang.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?421499-Servers-are-Up-O.o&p=5709404#post5709404

However I just rebooted the launcher and now I cant even connect, so the choice is yours

Funny until an hour from now when someone repeats it as truth and no one believes otherwise. :/

Currently the patch servers are down. We've taken them off line for a little bit to do some adjustments.

Game servers will be up sooner than soon but not soon enough or before sooner rather than later. Of course, they may be up sooner than that. Maybe.

Seems we have to wait a bit more.Source

Only in the games industry is it ok to fob your customers off with jokes about soon, sooner, soonish etc...

Yep. Just say "no idea", because that's really what is happening. And if you do know, just say "we're hoping to have them up at this time, etc etc."

It's not rocket science.

It's not rocket science.

John Carmack just said in an interview that Game Development is more complicated than rocket science (at least the programming part :) ). And since he owns a rocket building company (Armadillo Aerospace) I guess he knows what he's talking about. Here's the (german) link to the interview.

John Carmack just said in an interview that Game Development is more complicated than rocket science (at least the programming part :) ). And since he owns a rocket building company (Armadillo Aerospace) I guess he knows what he's talking about. Here's the (german) link to the interview.

No, I meant the way you communicate with your customers isn't rocket science! ;)

It's obvious that Game Development isn't a walk in the park. But when dealing with simple questions, it's better to be straight forward than relying on the old tired "soon" crap we see all the time on Turbine's forums. If they don't have an ETA, they should say so, and if they do, they should say so too. It's really that simple. We are customers at the end of the day, and I think we have a right to this information.

Now my laptop is patched up(not entirely sure it's finished, surely there are more files than the 3000-odd it applied), supposedly ready for login, but the patch server is down(which is just ridiculous. This is the migration all over again where they didn't expect the high loads on the server. They NEVER learn from past mistakes), so PC still not getting patched.