LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
cossieuk

Final Fantasy VII Remake

So now that this game has finally released.  I have been spending the holiday weekend play this and it is a lot of fun.

I am around 8 hours in and have only just got to Aerith in the church.  As there is a lot of new story content building the world and the characters.  There is a lot of time spend with Jessie, Wedge and Biggs getting to know them.

The combat is fun, being a mixture of action and turn based, where you have an ATB gauge that fills up in combat, attacking and blocking speeds this up, once it is full you can active it, which puts the combat into superslow mode so that you can go into the battle menu and use abilities, spells or items.  You can switch between party member on the fly or just issues orders to them when their ATB gauge is ready.

I never played any of the Final Fantasy games as the aesthetics aren't really up my street, but it's been interesting seeing the comparisons people have made between the old and the new. I'm liking some of these remakes lately, like Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Halo, and Resident Evil 2. Fingers crossed for the trend to continue. Super Mario 64 would be nice.

I want to just add that the music is fantastic.  There are times when I just stand still listening to the music.