LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Another Special Server

Available for preview on Bullroarer:

Welcome to the Tournament of the Twins

Coming soon, a new time limited server

The sons of Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir, have begun a discussion with perhaps too much pride, and are arguing about which of them would make the greatest leader and support the greatest heroes. Once you have reached level 10, you may take up the banner of either Elladan or Elrohir and venture forth to earn honour completing Deeds and challenge heroes that align with your rival. Brave players can earn rewards for completing Deeds, and those characters will appear in a special Leaderboard. Will you rush to honour your patron by completing Deeds, or will you spend your time challenging rivals?

At level 10, approach either of the two sons of Elrond (Elrohir and Elladan), who are present in both Bree-town and Gondamon, and ask to join their faction by accepting a quest.
Once you have accepted a quest from one of the twins, you will be able to engage in combat with members of the opposing faction. You will also be able to gain honour by completing deeds throughout Eriador.

Each Eriador deed completed grants one hundred points of honor, which is tracked on a leaderboard. Use to the Register of Heroes to view the current leaderboard. Deeds completed prior to accepting a quest from Elladan or Elrohir, or not in the Eriador category, will not count towards this score.

Once you are engaged in this quest for honour, your only safe zones from members of the opposing faction are in Gondamon and Bree-town, where the brothers are camped. You will also have a short buff upon reviving that prevents any combat by or against you.

During this event, you cannot gain experience points in any instance after level 10. This includes Instance Finder and quest instances.

This event is focused in Eriador with a level cap of 50.

10 hours ago, Talisman said:

During this event, you cannot gain experience points in any instance after level 10. This includes Instance Finder and quest instances

This is a good idea I think, makes powerlvling a little more difficult 

I’m curious how this server will work in a population not used to pvp...

On 5/21/2020 at 8:34 AM, cossieuk said:

What happens if you dont pick a side, are you immune to being attacked

This is what I was wondering about as well.

I thought pvp was banned from happening due to the people who grant the LotR licence not allowing it? Isn’t this what some people have wanted for years? Why not do this before?

3 hours ago, PJ. said:

I thought pvp was banned from happening due to the people who grant the LotR licence not allowing it? Isn’t this what some people have wanted for years? Why not do this before?

Seems to be things are getting less strict now that Christopher Tolkien is out of the picture and they were already pretty lax before, what with living dragons, elk mounts, High Elf players, Beornings, etc. Whatever rule was in place at the beginning was slowly tiptoed away from over the years with each new lore-breaking change. That, or the years of claiming we were never allowed were a lie.

I still think this has come far too late. The days of avid PvPers in LotRO ended a long time ago, hell it was dying while I was still on it during RoR. Even early on the Limited Servers, those of us who were begging to get the Ettens opened were few and far between, and the sparring fight club that was set up only really had a dozen or so people in it (which ended pretty quick because it was so unbalanced that a burg with all teal essence gear could nuke opponents in a couple of seconds). The sorts of whales that usually prop the game up weren't fans of PvP to begin with, either, so not sure who they're catering to.

Any bets on what other gimmick servers they'll open? Perma-death servers, no level servers, hard-mode servers, no mob servers, man-only servers, chicken/animal servers? If they don't do a zombie server, they're missing a trick.

• Upvote 1

PvP seems a bit of an order of magnitude or two different than High Elf players.

Not sure who will do this. Or, what happens if you don't join a brothers' faction? Capped at 10 unless you join?

I am not sure about PvP being antiTolkienesque. One of his main themes is civil wars, the kin strife, the Kinslayings, Arthedain vs Cardolan vs Rhudaur. None of the participants in these is portrayed as purely evil.

50 minutes ago, MusicMachine said:

I am not sure about PvP being antiTolkienesque. One of his main themes is civil wars, the kin strife, the Kinslayings, Arthedain vs Cardolan vs Rhudaur. None of the participants in these is portrayed as purely evil.

Not a lot of Hobbit on Hobbit fighting

5 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

I'm sure there must be websites for that kind of action.

I once watched midgets fighting each other in a pit of snakes in Thailand, I think that's as close as I'll get to actual Hobbit civil wars.

Now, I was being facetious with all the gimmick servers in my last post, but I'm actually coming round to the idea. I used to play a lot of Garry's Mod and Counter-strike Source, and the best servers were the custom game-modes. They were pretty creative, surfing maps, catching Pokemon, superheroes, horde mode, zombies, knives only, prison break, obstacle courses, climbing, etc., and a nice break from the official servers. I've got a feeling if LotRO actually added variant servers, I'd probably give them a go once or twice since I have Lifetime anyway. Not this weird PvP server, though.

On 6/1/2020 at 7:27 PM, cossieuk said:

Not a lot of Hobbit on Hobbit fighting

Except for Smeagol and Deagol... and things got pretty bad with Lotho and his Shirriffs during the Scouring of the Shire, no bloodshed but unjustified detention and beatings. Wasn’t there some kind of internal fight during the Long Winter?