LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Tarantula

"LOTRO and DDO extend promo, give away zones, discount expansions, and sweeten subs"

I assume that the last 2 months of freebies resulted in much more spending on store items than they otherwise make from selling zones etc.

Hence this proposal today on Facebook:

"We have announced free questing coupons and VIP updates for both The Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons and Dragons Online! Thanks, MassivelyOP, for covering the announcement here":

https://massivelyop.com/2020/05/28/lotro-and-ddo-lets-you-fully-unlock-all-of-the-content-to-date-forever/?fbclid=IwAR0XYGZjVMBQhU-pyRIsyr1yWHjNVw6lpMivQGgkd_n7RbX8vsCrREYpKSU

OK, everybody who has had a beef with how expensive the cumulative content is for Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons and Dragons Online is — now you can’t complain about the cost any more. That’s because Standing Stone Games just announced that it’s going to be making a huge chunk of the content to date free for everyone who is currently playing.

The studio experienced a huge shot of success with its spring promotion that unlocked all of the expansion and quest content in both DDO and LOTRO, extending it twice (with its current end date set at August 31st). Apparently this promo has proven to be so successful in drawing and retaining players that SSG is prepared to give all players a “coupon code” at the end of summer that will unlock all non-expansion zone quests forever.

“To clarify, the coupon code includes the quests that are not considered part of an expansion pack quest content,” SSG said on LOTRO’s forums. “That’s why there is a difference there. So the coupon code will grant you quest zones like Evendim, Eriador, the Gondor regions, but not for example Isengard, Moria, Rohan, etc. Hope that helps.”

Happily, the studio also said that it’ll make many of the non-recent expansions and instance clusters for these games available in the store in the future for a buck each (or via earnable in-game currency, which means you can easily earn those for free).

Additionally, both games are upgrading their subscription plans with more benefits. DDO is adding a scaling XP boost, while LOTRO is granting a vendor that’ll give characters access to town services and two useful buffs.

The high cost of content has been a common complaint of new players for a long time now.  People in game have been talking about this all evening, and it's going over really well.

Good move on their side, it made me think about coming back but the in game store and the tides it have with the game does concern me too much to give it a try.

The last time I actively played the game was too grindy for my taste and from what people have told me and what I read I don't believe it has been approved.

Anyway if they will reduce the in game grind I may consider coming back.

Rats, I could have waited 3 more months to start my 3-month subscription back up (after 5+ years of not playing) a few days ago. I missed the extension until end of August and thought it was still end of May.

Will have to look into seeing what's available post-Helm's Deep to unlock. (Basically North Ithilien, Mordor, Dale-lands and beyond. Perhaps Gondor, though my toons will have long passed that by then.)

A lot of talk on the OF about a free code to redeem old content and yet I've seen no code listed on the forums. So I'm curious how the players know what the code is.

https://lotro.com/en/friendsforever

We would also like to provide a way for you to move forward with your gaming when our event eventually comes to an end, so in the coming days we will be providing a Coupon Code that will let you acquire all currently-available quest packs permanently on your account(s)! However, you will need to act quickly, as this Coupon Code is available to redeem through August 31st, 2020.

SSG could have posted the code in the link above, but I guess they want players to play catch the code game.

2 hours ago, cossieuk said:

I dont think they have released the code yet, just the announcement of it

It was posted early, but is now available generally.

The Coupon Code is: LOTROFREEQUESTS (1/Account, available to redeem through August 31st, 2020)

This Coupon Code will grant the following to your game account:

• Quest Pack: Central Gondor
  • Quest Pack: East Gondor
  • Quest Pack: West Gondor
  • Quest Pack: Wildermore
  • Quest Pack: Angmar
  • Quest Pack: Enedwaith
  • Quest Pack: Eregion
  • Quest Pack: Evendim
  • Quest Pack: Forochel
  • Quest Pack: Eriador Bundle
  • Quest Pack: Misty Mountains
  • Quest Pack: North Downs
  • Quest Pack: Trollshaws
  • Quest Pack: Lothlorien
  • Quest Pack: Great River
  • Quest Pack: Old Anórien
  • Region Pack: Far Anórien
  • Quest Pack: March of the King
  • Quest Pack: Battle of the Black Gate
  • Quest Pack: Legacy of the Necromancer
  • Quest Pack: Where Dragons Dwell
  • Quest Pack: The Vales of Anduin
  • Quest Pack: Mists of Wilderland

4 hours ago, Talisman said:

It was posted early, but is now available generally.

The first time I read the linked page, I saw no code. Apparently it was changed and when I linked it above, I didn't read it a second time.

Thank You