LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

Current State of LotRO

Twitter update 20 minutes ago - anyone other than the fanatics surprised ?

Our downtime is taking a bit longer than anticipated. We will let you know when the worlds reopen.

fwiw - wasn't as much longer as I thought it would be 

Edited by Woeg
fwiw addition

19 hours ago, MusicMachine said:

I stopped reading after the first four words. "In the last week". According to their own Twitter account, the current shitfest started on July the 15th. These morons can't even figure a calendar.

You have to take account of the lawyers who usually have months to work on the Executive Director's Lotro post once a year. Or perhaps the numpties didn't have the balls to knock on his door/call to tell him his secretive restructuring work has bitten them in the arse again (transfers).

They were just starting the process to apply changes to the DDO servers that Lotro had done last year (and fucked up transfers) as the shit hit the fan. So if total cumulative logins remained below the threshold of the cascade it may not have become apparent until later on on the 15th.

They won't tell their customers nor most of the staff: Some Huawei tech ripped out the datacenter and replaced with good old Americaaan? Too much UDP traffic with everybody zooming so cut the bandwidth to SSG? Signed up to an offer that was too good to be true? SSG unconcerned with consequences as ever.

They already have an external web browser store for the vista laptop crones so it wouldn't need a game client, just a login added.

I was prompted to look at the DDO forums and they have a producer and systems engineer manning the forums fielding questions with Cord only adding the same shit he does for Lotro. And we get blinkers MoL who thinks the game is just a series of his quests and nothing else to occasionally add something.  He's basically been lumbered with the psycho by Sapience and hung out by the dumb devs frightened to show their ignorance to do it alone. And he's the second dumbest employee they have ever had.

As someone on Redit said, chuck out these guys and hire some competence -paraphrasing.

Mac 

Logged in no sweat, even have world chat, 58 non-anons and climbing...

Mol has been all too willing to say with indirect words he plans on milking LotRO until he reaches retirement age. That's some awful big pair of optimist glasses he wears.

• Like 1

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?681972-Zone-of-Truce-active-on-Arkenstone&p=8025017&posted=1#post8025017

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?681972-Zone-of-Truce-active-on-Arkenstone&p=8025015#post8025015

LMAO!

Zone of Truce active on Arkenstone

Something seems to have gone wrong with the maintenance - I've logged in on Ark and my char has a buff called Zone of Truce which is only meant to be active with the PvP event.

On 7/28/2020 at 12:42 AM, Gondorian96 said:

I watched that part where she's describing how happy she is that she gets to dish out the bans. Couldn't be bothered to watch more than a few minutes. It's embarrassing that an adult person uses a ban hammer to fill up their ego. 

She and Sapience would make a truly lovely couple.... just wonderful.

The views went from 7 to now 79. She's never had it so good! Ratings going up :)  Tough to imagine any looking at the whole thing as the gems in it are fleeting if telling. 

The muppet she has in toe (for the whole 4hours 49 minutes) a little after mentions not being the brightest bulb on Broadway. Exactly;- the Prey, the victim and the game littered with them now.

Incapable of being wrong, it's others and circumstances that are at fault. Sounds familiar.

Mac

P.S. All quiet in the Lotro world as chat get surprising civil for a few days. Problem forgotten, though a thing happened and they did something for two weeks and servers are running again now. 

On 7/29/2020 at 4:36 PM, Macdui101 said:

I was prompted to look at the DDO forums and they have a producer and systems engineer manning the forums fielding questions with Cord only adding the same shit he does for Lotro. And we get blinkers MoL who thinks the game is just a series of his quests and nothing else to occasionally add something.  He's basically been lumbered with the psycho by Sapience and hung out by the dumb devs frightened to show their ignorance to do it alone. And he's the second dumbest employee they have ever had.

As someone on Redit said, chuck out these guys and hire some competence -paraphrasing.

Mac 

Logged in no sweat, even have world chat, 58 non-anons and climbing...

Isn't MoL responsible for the epic quest storyline? I'm sorry if I sound dumb, but I thought he was there just for the epic story and maybe some other quests...

I do agree, that the quality of the epic quest line dropped dramatically. Back in the days I was very excited to do the epic quests, now it's just awfull. Not to mention the blatant lore break since the war of the ring ended. Dogs at the wedding, that goblin in mordor, just to mention the 2 most stupid ones.

8 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

The views went from 7 to now 79. She's never had it so good! Ratings going up :)  Tough to imagine any looking at the whole thing as the gems in it are fleeting if telling. 

The muppet she has in toe (for the whole 4hours 49 minutes) a little after mentions not being the brightest bulb on Broadway. Exactly;- the Prey, the victim and the game littered with them now.

Incapable of being wrong, it's others and circumstances that are at fault. Sounds familiar.

Mac

P.S. All quiet in the Lotro world as chat get surprising civil for a few days. Problem forgotten, though a thing happened and they did something for two weeks and servers are running again now. 

It's seriously bad, kinda pointless to record yourself playing the game and then upload it just for the sake of it. I find Andang's videos way more enjoyable, it does seem like she's trying to rip him off, but it's failing miserably.

I 100% agree, and to add salt to the injury, if I understood correctly, that other person also moderates the cord's stream alongside druidsfire. But that's SSG for you, always finding new ways of lower the bar even further.

The world chat is surprisingly quiet yes. Like someone pointed out in the official forums, the bar is set so low now, that even a successful login is considered a victory, so I'd guess that people just can't be bothered to rage about it in game. Surprisingly, none of the condemning SSG threads have been locked or deleted on the OF so far either.

So is this shit show fixed? I happen to work in an industry that has miraculously has had no negative affects from Covid (possibly more positive) recreational boating.  Even if I was out of work I'd be playing other games anyways, but I did catch wind of this so Ive been enjoying it immensely.  

46 minutes ago, Altreg01 said:

So is this shit show fixed? I happen to work in an industry that has miraculously has had no negative affects from Covid (possibly more positive) recreational boating.  Even if I was out of work I'd be playing other games anyways, but I did catch wind of this so Ive been enjoying it immensely.  

Well the servers are back up again and they did bring up the chat servers in the last maintenance. But it's still a shit show regardless, there are still serverwide lagspikes from time to time, sometimes you can barely login and once you do, you bounce around and rubberband like an idiot for 5 mins straight before it settles down abit. 

4 hours ago, Gondorian96 said:

Well the servers are back up again and they did bring up the chat servers in the last maintenance. But it's still a shit show regardless, there are still serverwide lagspikes from time to time, sometimes you can barely login and once you do, you bounce around and rubberband like an idiot for 5 mins straight before it settles down abit. 

Yeah.  I like to use my warsteed while doing the Mordor dailies, but the rubberbanding is so frequent that I find it's better to just use a regular horse now.

2 hours ago, warspeech said:

Yeah.  I like to use my warsteed while doing the Mordor dailies, but the rubberbanding is so frequent that I find it's better to just use a regular horse now.

As an aside, I missed about 5 years worth so not sure how the Mordor dailies work or how to get going in them. Is it tied to Allegiance system somehow? Are their Motes available?

3 hours ago, warspeech said:

Yesterday in Minas Morgul it was so bad I just logged out. And I was on foot. The list of issues is endless. In the MT dailies the cisterns lag like fuck, even though you barely need more than 1 hit per mob. It's ridiculous.

21 hours ago, Gondorian96 said:

Isn't MoL responsible for the epic quest storyline? I'm sorry if I sound dumb, but I thought he was there just for the epic story and maybe some other quests...

I do agree, that the quality of the epic quest line dropped dramatically. Back in the days I was very excited to do the epic quests, now it's just awfull. Not to mention the blatant lore break since the war of the ring ended. Dogs at the wedding, that goblin in mordor, just to mention the 2 most stupid ones.

It's seriously bad, kinda pointless to record yourself playing the game and then upload it just for the sake of it. I find Andang's videos way more enjoyable, it does seem like she's trying to rip him off, but it's failing miserably.

I 100% agree, and to add salt to the injury, if I understood correctly, that other person also moderates the cord's stream alongside druidsfire. But that's SSG for you, always finding new ways of lower the bar even further.

The world chat is surprisingly quiet yes. Like someone pointed out in the official forums, the bar is set so low now, that even a successful login is considered a victory, so I'd guess that people just can't be bothered to rage about it in game. Surprisingly, none of the condemning SSG threads have been locked or deleted on the OF so far either.

To be fair, the goblin in Mordor is not part of the Black Book of Mordor Epic quest chain until very late in the Minas Morgul expac. It IS part of the landscape and IS dumb. Straight out of Pathfinder RPG.

And, yes, the servant animals at Grimbeorn's house are very extra dumb. That they go to the wedding is stupid icing on the cake.

3 minutes ago, Gondorian96 said:

Yesterday in Minas Morgul it was so bad I just logged out. And I was on foot. The list of issues is endless. In the MT dailies the cisterns lag like fuck, even though you barely need more than 1 hit per mob. It's ridiculous.

Such a variety of issues for people. Not a hiccup for me. Ran the 9, MM and Limlok dailies on more than 1 character.

1 minute ago, FundinStrongarm said:

To be fair, the goblin in Mordor is not part of the Black Book of Mordor Epic quest chain until very late in the Minas Morgul expac. It IS part of the landscape and IS dumb. Straight out of Pathfinder RPG.

And, yes, the servant animals at Grimbeorn's house are very extra dumb. That they go to the wedding is stupid icing on the cake.

Shit, I kinda knew I was wrong, didn't bother to research it. I stand corrected and I apologise lol. It's still very dumb. If Tolkien saw this, he would probably shoot the man responsible for putting that in the game.

2 minutes ago, Gondorian96 said:

Shit, I kinda knew I was wrong, didn't bother to research it. I stand corrected and I apologise lol. It's still very dumb. If Tolkien saw this, he would probably shoot the man responsible for putting that in the game.

It's extra bad because if you don't do the landscape quests in North Central Mordor at level 114ish, you have no idea wtf/why this goblin shows up at level 127 in Minas Morgul.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FundinStrongarm said:

It's extra bad because if you don't do the landscape quests in North Central Mordor at level 114ish, you have no idea wtf/why this goblin shows up at level 127 in Minas Morgul.

Lol, I didn't even think about that. There's zero continuity. Just goes to show how the standard has dropped. 

17 minutes ago, Talisman said:

All they proved with this post is that they don't even know how to count properly. I'm really glad that I'm not a vip anymore, would be really pissed off, if I saw this.

10 minutes ago, MusicMachine said:

This is nothing less than an insult. They seemingly want everybody out for good.

Exactly. They had a chance to do some damage limitation and appease probably the biggest spenders in the game, yet all they've done is shot themselves in the foot again.

At this point it's just hillarious, not to mention the lousy 250 LP. What can you even buy with that since everything's so expensive in the store?

6 minutes ago, Gondorian96 said:

Exactly. They had a chance to do some damage limitation and appease probably the biggest spenders in the game, yet all they've done is shot themselves in the foot again.

At this point it's just hillarious, not to mention the lousy 250 LP. What can you even buy with that since everything's so expensive in the store?

They are almost on level with rude bouncers emptying a venue after a show.

13 minutes ago, MusicMachine said:

They are almost on level with rude bouncers emptying a venue after a show.

The difference is that bouncers are doing their job, while SSG are not. They aren't even worhty to tie the shoelaces of those bouncers boots lol.

• Like 1

As we read the books it's our choice what images we conjure in our minds, the servant animals got a portrayal in the game that a line in a book would not necessarily prompt any specific image. Certainly not me so it came as a shock. That they were implemented as mindless automata made it very ugly. 

For me the performance has just gone back the post merge state, Cord whispering something about work to improve performance for the festival seems like a lie to feed us.

But during the recent issues we found that the victims could be totally random. One suffering and their fellow not. Until all were getting it. But the start of it suggesting a randomness as the server just gives up bothering with clients. 

$2 50c hmmm  oh thanks a shoelace?

59 minutes ago, Macdui101 said:

As we read the books it's our choice what images we conjure in our minds, the servant animals got a portrayal in the game that a line in a book would not necessarily prompt any specific image. Certainly not me so it came as a shock. That they were implemented as mindless automata made it very ugly. 

Yeah I was going to mention this. The worst animation I've seen in a game in many many years, it's beyond laughable. Positively nightmare stuff.

5 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

As an aside, I missed about 5 years worth so not sure how the Mordor dailies work or how to get going in them. Is it tied to Allegiance system somehow? Are their Motes available?

I used this to figure out the Allegiance/daily system:

https://thebeardedminstrel.blogspot.com/2017/08/allegiance-demystified.html

I get 200 motes per day by running the dailies.  Gear that you can barter for in the Allegiance halls using the tokens/relics can be disenchanted for motes also. 

4 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Apparently he's a "fan favorite" 🤪