LOTROCommunity

6 hours ago, Splay said:

I'm reasonably certain Hankenstein is the third of a forum ban success story. On their third account going berserker anytime someone disagrees with them. The same moron who proposed SSG sell pvp ranks. The same who got triggered so bad they said they were rage quitting the forums only to return a few days later. They are either a teen or a brain damaged soul and possibly both. I can see Captainkissass salivating at knowing another dumbass fell into their bait troll trap. Anyway they deserve each other.

I can't quite remember exactly, but is this that weird pedo that went mental and thinks he's married to one of his characters?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was an outage back in 2013 where Turbine blamed a 3rd party for the issues.  It happened over a long weekend.  When it got fixed there was the usual thread thanking Turbine.  I made a post thank

Accurate. One look through Red_Panda's replies in the o-forum's Dev Tracker shows what the priorities are. Note promptness and punctuality pertaining to anything store-reated. Which leads me to t

Nice game you got there.  Shame if something would happen to it... We need you to do us a favor tho...

3 hours ago, Doro said:

I can't quite remember exactly, but is this that weird pedo that went mental and thinks he's married to one of his characters?

No that's that Vanyaraelliellelele or whatever person.  The one that claims to have been around since alpha but got called out for it with proof that they valared their characters.

• Like 1
On 8/20/2020 at 8:27 PM, Urwendil said:

Since before I left the game I've had a hunch that they may be feeding some shills not with real money but gambling keys or other perks of the kind. Besides, some employees might be posting under multiple aliases. (Not that there aren't enough stupid addicts to shill voluntarily and pay on top of it.) Call it a conspiracy theory but this person's -sort of- whistleblowing reminded me again:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?682628-Im-so-happy-servers-are-unstable-!&p=8030563#post8030563

It's obvious many of the white knights are being compensated in some form to shill for SSG. Many of them exhibit more symptoms of Stockholm Syndrome than actual kidnapping victims, and no one could purposefully be so gullible and loyal to a company that couldn't give less fucks if they genuinely tried. It HAS to be incognito SSG employees trying to gaslight the community.

Stranger things are happening. /shrug

• Like 2

Haven't been here in ages, glad to see you're all doing well :3

Recently had the slight urge to check out what has become of Lotro after I finally decided to sail into the west due to how terrible I found the Helms Derp expansion.
I'm not sure what I was expecting honestly, but the longer I kept reading threads titles in their General Discussion Forum the lower my hearth sank. Did they seriously have a servers down for 3+ days? And people *still* defending this? O_o

52 minutes ago, Polly said:

Recently had the slight urge to check out what has become of Lotro after I finally decided to sail into the west due to how terrible I found the Helms Derp expansion.
I'm not sure what I was expecting honestly, but the longer I kept reading threads titles in their General Discussion Forum the lower my hearth sank. Did they seriously have a servers down for 3+ days? And people *still* defending this? O_o

Yeah they had to shut down the servers for a few days worth of ''maintenance'' as they like to put it, but it didn't do much good since they're starring down another potential weekly server shutdown right now, or even worse, who knows.

If you think HD was bad, it's way worse now, grind ingame is insane if you could actually log in and play alongside of all other issues such as rubberbanding all over the place, skill delay, some questionable storywritting of the quests, etc...  

It's better to just forget about it again. It's a complete shitshow at this stage.

The best thing you can do is to read a few of those juicy threads if you're feeling down, it'll make your day a little bit better, knowing that you don't pay for something like that anymore.

5 hours ago, Polly said:

You misread - servers were down or crashing for 9+ days, 14 days until they were able to get chat working. Then 3 extended downtimes for minor updates, transfers on and off, servers crashing again a couple of days ago... The game is currently unplayable. The OF are deservedly on fire. At this point, I sincerely believe that they won't manage to fix it again.

the twitch video with Cord is ridiculous (for some reason I can't post it).  He basically plays the victim card about how hard it has been for him to deal with the negative feedback on the forum the past few days.

smh

2 hours ago, Papi said:

the twitch video with Cord is ridiculous (for some reason I can't post it).  He basically plays the victim card about how hard it has been for him to deal with the negative feedback on the forum the past few days.

smh

So you took it as an act? I hate the direction they have taken the game in but I thought he looked pretty genuinely shaken on that occasion, rightfully so you might say. Is it possible that their inaction could be mandated from above? It would be pretty gutting if they know what needs to be fixed but aren't being given the necessary resources to do so as Lotro's ailing body is there to be bled dry with the endless monetization, not have any meaningful sum spent on sustaining it.

45 minutes ago, Aelbryht said:

So you took it as an act? I hate the direction they have taken the game in but I thought he looked pretty genuinely shaken on that occasion, rightfully so you might say. Is it possible that their inaction could be mandated from above? It would be pretty gutting if they know what needs to be fixed but aren't being given the necessary resources to do so as Lotro's ailing body is there to be bled dry with the endless monetization, not have any meaningful sum spent on sustaining it.

Oh it's definitely an act. He loves to play the victim. LOTRO has never had a good Community Manager, which is one of the chief reasons LOTRO has never had a strong community.

SSG has absolutely no idea what's wrong with the servers. That's why they're so mum. That's why they're claiming it's beyond their control. That's why he's sticking with the "I can't say anything" mantra. If it were a DDoS, they could discuss that. It would be the PERFECT excuse to get them of of hot water with the subscribers. Yet it's crystal clear they don't know what the issue is, what's causing said issue, or how to alleviate the issue. He's just blowing smoke up players' asses in a bid to stall them until there are fresh developments.

MY GUESS (and it's just a guess) is that it's all the result of transferring to the rock bottom lowest-bidder data center (which was highly touted as an "upgrade" during the transfer). Perhaps it was simply time to pay the check for that lie.

Wasn't there some intrigue quite a while back about ties to unsavory people in terms of ownership?  Questions that were sidestepped, info that was scrubbed from websites, that kind of thing?  It could be that when you accept funding from shady types, eventually the bill comes due.  They might be getting pressure of some sort that they never saw coming.  That would be upsetting for sure.  The word "environment" doesn't necessarily mean the hardware...workplaces are described as "environments" too.

Imagine when SSG came forward to claim LotRO if they said this.

We are keeping our game servers in house.

We our hiring an IT person to manage our servers.

We are rewriting LotRO's code back to front and bringing all its extensions to the current date.

We fixing all the old abandoned systems in game.

We are closing the game down for 6 months and coming back with a brand new shiny game that can lead its customers into the next decade.

Instead Severlin gives his war chant. "We are masters of our destiny" At the same time selling that same destiny to a 3rd rate publisher. Contracting out their game to be housed in the lowest bidder data houses. Hiring subpar, subcontractors to do the work those at SSG don't know how to do.

DrOctothorpe did himself a huge favor by leaving SSG behind.

5 hours ago, Aelbryht said:

So you took it as an act? 

I definitely think he made it about him and not the issue at hand. Keep in mind, this is the second time in the past month that SSG has been criticised for a) not keeping the players informed in a timely manner and b) issuing a copy and past statement when they eventually got around to it.

Cordovan is having a complete meltdown in this thread; https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?682529-Example-communication-for-server-outages-SSG-can-use-it-as-blueprint

SO much asskissing from sycophants. But lots of dissatisfied subscribers as well, who are fed up with the lies and the bullshit.

The ONLY communication from him or anyone else about whatever the Hell is going on amounts to little more than "We can't tell you what's wrong, but it's not our fault, now let me distract you with shiny new pixels you can eventually buy."

It's pathetic how he's trying to act like the victim here. 

11 hours ago, warspeech said:

Wasn't there some intrigue quite a while back about ties to unsavory people in terms of ownership?  Questions that were sidestepped, info that was scrubbed from websites, that kind of thing?  It could be that when you accept funding from shady types, eventually the bill comes due.  They might be getting pressure of some sort that they never saw coming.  That would be upsetting for sure.  The word "environment" doesn't necessarily mean the hardware...workplaces are described as "environments" too.

DBG < Colombus Nova < Renovo < Putin

I think -though naturally can't prove- that SSG is merely a front and somewhere in between WB is also somehow involved.

2 hours ago, Urwendil said:

DBG < Colombus Nova < Renovo < Putin

I think -though naturally can't prove- that SSG is merely a front and somewhere in between WB is also somehow involved.

A company staffed by incompetent and unambitious bottom-feeders with extremely low cost of upkeep but devoted fans with more money than sense would make the perfect front. They're not hunting whales, they're letting automated robo-whales chuck dirty cash their way through micro-transactions, and funnelling it back out as legit funds. I can see why they'd be concerned with an interruption to this conveyor belt that's part of a larger Russian oligarch money-laundering scheme, but not giving a shit about things like lag, chat issues, or bugs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Doro said:

A company staffed by incompetent and unambitious bottom-feeders with extremely low cost of upkeep but devoted fans with more money than sense would make the perfect front. They're not hunting whales, they're letting automated robo-whales chuck dirty cash their way through micro-transactions, and funnelling it back out as legit funds. I can see why they'd be concerned with an interruption to this conveyor belt that's part of a larger Russian oligarch money-laundering scheme, but not giving a shit about things like lag, chat issues, or bugs.

Nice game you got there.  Shame if something would happen to it...

We need you to do us a favor tho...

• Like 3

It's now more than 2 days from the latest post on their twitter and on the OF the last post on the dev tracker is even older. Looks like they even stopped pretending that they care about this shitshow. I've never seen any bad situation being handled so incompetently. They just can't do anything right, they'll manage a way to fuck up no matter what, even if their life depended on it. If I was employed by them, I'd be embarrased.

Anyone got LinkedIn; would like to know how many are updating profiles.

Cord was hired by the guy who struggles to put Lego together now. Put him up for months to pass on his particular brand of wisdom and set him up with a psycho to lead him further astray. When you have nothing going for you, you can't tell if you are being trolled by players or repeatedly by collogues then self awareness isn't going to become apparent so quickly.

He's defended the indefensible for so long because it's the only thing he can do. If they had thrown people under the bus rather than protect them they'd have some room for some competence in house.

Not his first rodeo? He's been gored every week since he got the job and only pity from a bunch of old women is all he's "managed".

2 hours ago, Gondorian96 said:

I'm actually surprised that even the loudest cunts defending this bullshit have become ever more quiet during the last few days. The only one that comes to my mind that is still in full retard mode yapping about nonsense is that Elmagor. 

You've missed the new guy "hankenstein"(sp?)

7 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

You've missed the new guy "hankenstein"(sp?)

Sorry, my bad. I wouldn't necessarily put him in the same category as the other fanbois simply because it's obvious he's trolling people on either side of the argument, whatever fits with his agenda for the day. He's still a knob though. Elmagor and the others actually take themselves serious. 

I once had a Finnish guy tell me the players from Siberia who play Eve would rather cut off their left nut than stop playing Eve. Saying it was near a reality in truth because those people haven't got shit to live for. Said they play on hacked dialup networks and stolen electricity with old outdated pcs. Elmagor reminds of those Russian players the Finnish guy spoke of.

So the picture of Elmagor in my mind is a guy playing by candle light wrapped and bundled because of the cold, staring at a reworked Commodore to run Linux from the glow of a 4 inch black and white screen.

Hankenstein HaHaHa He's so special. So fucking special, cause he's a dweeb. And... likely polishing up his new forum account.

39 minutes ago, Splay said:

I once had a Finnish guy tell me the players from Siberia who play Eve would rather cut off their left nut than stop playing Eve. Saying it was near a reality in truth because those people haven't got shit to live for. Said they play on hacked dialup networks and stolen electricity with old outdated pcs. Elmagor reminds of those Russian players the Finnish guy spoke of.

So the picture of Elmagor in my mind is a guy playing by candle light wrapped and bundled because of the cold, staring at a reworked Commodore to run Linux from the glow of a 4 inch black and white screen.

Hankenstein HaHaHa He's so special. So fucking special, cause he's a dweeb. And... likely polishing up his new forum account.

Hahaha that's some story, now I at least understand why he acts the way he does. 

On hankenstein I couldn't agree more, he really is a gimp. I'm surprised he hasn't been banned yet. 

The ban is assured after this interaction.

Marteena says

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?682729-Refusal-to-refund-mithril-coins-accidentally-spent-due-to-server-lag&p=8031882#post8031882

I had a stroke and emergency brain surgery in March this year due to a burst AVM, and it took me weeks before I was able to barely play lotro again....

Hankenstein replies

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?682729-Refusal-to-refund-mithril-coins-accidentally-spent-due-to-server-lag&p=8031920#post8031920

lmao dont use immaginary illness as an exucse in order to get more sympaty its completely irrelevant to thread then anyone can say i have this surgery someone close to me died, it happened to so many peoople imagine if anyone usees that you want ppple to have pity on you coz you had a surgery??

Tbh no one needed to know Marteena's personal problems and even if it is true, I suspect was a cocked hammer on a hair trigger Hankenstein was all too willing to possess. In any event the thread will be locked if not deleted. There is no way Cordoban is going to let it pass since Marteena is a SSG ass kisser and now a ward advertising for a protective warden.

Has any other MMORPG ever been plagued with connectivity issues that were "beyond the control" of the Developers to fix? I know Star Wars Galaxies was torpedoed by its own developers, but that was game design, not connectivity. I can't think of any other game that went tits up for over a month the way LOTRO has.