LOTROCommunity

64 bit client seems to have problems. I can only use 32 bit but my wife has no issues with 64. Strange.

I hadn't heard about scaling issues. I wonder if that's for the new missions or other instances as well.

New raid is fairly short. Tier 1 wasn't too hard but T2 looks to be harder to get through.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Accurate. One look through Red_Panda's replies in the o-forum's Dev Tracker shows what the priorities are. Note promptness and punctuality pertaining to anything store-reated. Which leads me to t

There was an outage back in 2013 where Turbine blamed a 3rd party for the issues.  It happened over a long weekend.  When it got fixed there was the usual thread thanking Turbine.  I made a post thank

Nice game you got there.  Shame if something would happen to it... We need you to do us a favor tho...

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Splay said:

With this level of irritation the forums are ripe for trolling while wearing the fanboy hat. What do FC?

My favorite part is that those who were orgasming, white-knighting, and pissing on others three years ago pre-Mordor are the ones crying and ass-hurting now. I love karma.

Watch the coordinated alt-account insider shills showing up to stoke the fires of the "support / complain SSG" binary, once more distracting from the very telling level of marketing confidence this Daybreak subsidy is operating on. That "recommended" tag next to ultimate edition shows who their target audience is (nope, not the cosmetic whales, these have been discarded).

On a semi serious note it is a bit depressing watching SSG sink to the bottom of the ocean. So just to lighten up the tone I made a new thread in the suggestion section.

Partly out of humor. Yet why not? How much worse could the game be now?

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?684031-Whale-pet-please

"I want one. I have cash. SSG make it happen."

Anyway, I expect it to get buried in a day or two.

I guess they really are in the downward spiral to the end: Less players, so less income, thus less content, which needs higher prices, which makes more players leave, thus even lesser income etc.

7 hours ago, Splay said:

On a semi serious note it is a bit depressing watching SSG sink to the bottom of the ocean. So just to lighten up the tone I made a new thread in the suggestion section.

Partly out of humor. Yet why not? How much worse could the game be now?

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?684031-Whale-pet-please

"I want one. I have cash. SSG make it happen."

Anyway, I expect it to get buried in a day or two.

Ha! I like that when the question of self-respect comes into play, the sycophant immediately shows they have none and can't possibly understand what it is, confusing it for respect in general. That's some high-quality self-loathing on display. Good little wallet bitch, keep shovelling in that disposable income most have better use for in their life.

I had a quick look over some of the complaints over there and I'm amazed how far these idiots have to go to seeing what LotRO really is. They're complaining about costs or lack of content, but in the same breath praising the developers for all their "amazing work". You mean that amazing work you're complaining about them not providing? The constantly bugged content? The abandoned features? The "kill x of y" quests copy and pasted? The lazy re-skinning of cosmetics? That's what the devs have been making.

What imaginary world are they living in where there's a parallel LotRO with incredible content, when the complaints are about how bad the monetisation for barely any reward has gotten?

• Like 1

Meanwhile...

LOTRO game worlds and web site unavailable: Thursday, October 22nd 12:30am Eastern (-4 GMT) The LOTRO game worlds and web site are currently unavailable. We are investigating. We will keep you updated. #LOTRO http://LOTRO.com

5:27 AM · Oct 22, 2020

I saw some cunt over there say this: "I hate the term 'whale', but with six active accounts (including lifetime), each with ultimate editions of previous expansions..."

Why the fuck would anyone need SIX accounts? All with ultimate editions of expansions that were end-game content, implying each account is filled with end-game characters as well. There's multi-boxing, and then there's playing with yourself, so I suppose LotRO whales are used to masturbatory acts.

2 hours ago, Papi said:

It's worth noting that Justin over at Massively is a known fan boy of LOTRO.  This article is telling:  https://massivelyop.com/2020/10/22/lotro-legendarium-is-lotro-at-war-with-orcs-or-with-its-playerbase/

You're right, this is new for him.  Usually when he writes about LOTRO topics that deal with player complaints or controversy, he acknowledges the issue but ultimately comes out with a wishy-washy conclusion that lands on the positive side.  None of that here.

(To be fair, he has been consistent over the years about SSG's abysmal communication skills.)

1 hour ago, warspeech said:

(To be fair, he has been consistent over the years about SSG's abysmal communication skills.)

Meaning that he's missing his checks. It speaks volumes that SSG can't / won't afford some Standard edition codes for media shills to check their wares. On the other hand, maybe they don't want them checked.

On 9/26/2020 at 6:51 PM, Wrath of Winter said:

Decided to revisit this year's Producer's Letter from April to compare how this update is described. This caught my eye:

"In the fall we will see a new type of mega-update, the War of the Three Peaks, which will provide new content for characters of all levels. "

So the shift to monetizing forthcoming updates (undoubtedly distinguishing them as "mega" to justify this) coincides with the decision to open up the entire game for free. Re-branding "mega update" as mini expansion" doesn't look like a panic move (and they're still hiring too).

If I were to speculate, I think they're overhauling their entire target demographic to create a revolving door for a new kind of expendable, transaction-oriented players (the bored online game-hopping click-spenders), and the cosmetic scenester roleplaying lifers/VIPers are not their darlings anymore. Too much self-precious entitlement from those, can't have them holding a business growth hostage. Not to mention their emotional blackmail is bad for PR (perpetual LMB crybabyism, lifer/founder ego stroking, Vanyablalala public pedophilia, last year's Druidsfire shitstorm, etc, et al). So that whole VIP playerbase is being conveniently discarded en masse with the way new game features are rolling out (which they notice as they rage), and the forum shills are being deployed to create lightning rods for those tantrums. Still very much convinced the "incompetent SSG" narrative is a planted distraction to mask the demographic overhaul and the executive turn toward even more overt micro/macro monetization of player experience. (The balls to nonchalantly drop "mini expac" tier pricing on them without giving a single shit for packaging this info in any detail, really speaks to this new demographic's attention span, IQ level, and how disposable they are).

Someone has been reading my posts here, it seems:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?683093-New-Mini-Expansion-Pack-quot-War-of-the-Three-Peaks-quot-announced-normal-collector-s-and-ultimate-edition&p=8039117#post8039117

How very ironic to see the very same person who's tirelessly latching onto my OF comments to lure me into entanglements, is copying my thoughts point for point nearly verbatim. And how well it explains this user's parasitic urges, deflection, and reactive mirroring techniques when facing her own truth. Imagine the self-loathing it takes to be so willfully mind-blind. 
Casting ropes of entanglement - all aimed at posts that do, in fact, align with this user's opinion - very tellingly point to an enormous degree of jealousy towards anyone who's able to shrug off LotRO's presence and influence in their own personal lives. Or, more accurately, towards anyone with a life. That's the real rage trigger, not the "SSG criticism". Behind the mask of performative arguing is a decomposing remnant of humanity that wants to quit but cannot, embroiling oneself in a perpetual self-destructive spiral with no dignity or self-worth, seeking temporary relief in relentless patrolling of the General Forum, addiction to inserting the last word, and petty pickings at semantics to tear down any reminder of the self-inflicted trauma. The theme siren song of the official forums.

Some never evolve past middle-school playground of fecal bullying and reactive mimicry. No wonder they conflate studying monkeys with insights into human beings, having pushed the boundary of human experience as far as they're capable of reaching.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, MusicMachine said:

Meaning that he's missing his checks. It speaks volumes that SSG can't / won't afford some Standard edition codes for media shills to check their wares. On the other hand, maybe they don't want them checked.

"You'll pay like everyone else, stooge!"

4 hours ago, Wrath of Winter said:

Someone has been reading my posts here, it seems:

<cut>

Some never evolve past middle-school playground of fecal bullying and reactive mimicry. No wonder they conflate studying monkeys with insights into human beings, having pushed the boundary of human experience as far as they're capable of reaching.

She's a loon.  Always has been.

This is an increasingly common occurrence. Players feeling the need to list their loyalty badges while submitting to the forums for help.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?684095-Any-SSG-support-tech-please-view-this-thread-Cordovan

"I'm a VIP since pre launch in 2006. Been in here before %99 of the community. Did not miss a single payment over the years. I never eve rcomplain about anything in the game, even though I have some valid reasons to.."

I am at a loss for words from both ends (the player and the company) after reading this.

I'm happy I left this shit show behind.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Splay said:

I'm happy I left this shit show behind.

You are not alone.

The following is pathetic.

VIPs are complaining that this 'mini whatever' should have been included with VIP.

What does SSG do? They add a 'War of Three Peaks map table with teleporter' as a (gated behind purchase) VIP quest reward to a vendor.

And what do the VIPs do? They are excited and forget they paid at least $20 for something that used to be included in their subscription.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=8042654#post8042654

What did Paiz say again? 'You can throw them anything and they will keep paying'? He was right.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Tarantula said:

You are not alone.

The following is pathetic.

VIPs are complaining that this 'mini whatever' should have been included with VIP.

What does SSG do? They add a 'War of Three Peaks map table with teleporter' as a (gated behind purchase) VIP quest reward to a vendor.

And what do the VIPs do? They are excited and forget they paid at least $20 for something that used to be included in their subscription.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=8042654#post8042654

What did Paiz say again? 'You can throw them anything and they will keep paying'? He was right.

SSG pretty much admitted to this way back when the Mordor expac levels were announced...they said on stream that "The Ultimate" version was for those players who spend money no matter what (paraphrasing) and they said it with smirks on their faces.

4 hours ago, warspeech said:

SSG pretty much admitted to this way back when the Mordor expac levels were announced...they said on stream that "The Ultimate" version was for those players who spend money no matter what (paraphrasing) and they said it with smirks on their faces.

Therefore Mordor was the last thing I bought.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 4:50 PM, warspeech said:

I still can't work out if QuartermaserU left SSG because he was embarrassed over the blatant bottom feeding or was let go because he showed his embarrassment. 

SSGRed_Panda shows no such qualms. He isn't hampered by actually playing the game and any concerns as to the damage he does to it in meeting his targets with the changes he implements that drive players towards purchases.

The content devs got on-board with a DDO youtuber to show us the intent behind the mega-patch. It was instructive but all far too late. But it was still aimed at a demographic that doesn't exits, a whale that can learn to play and new players that have a fortune to outlay their first day in game.

The issue being Marketing only markets selling us the expensive fluff and fails to market the fricking game. But that's all they care about. But the devs hide in there own bubble and deny the bad influence of their DDO masters they're beholden too. 

They recently proposed changing a weekly 500 Embers reward to a 500 Motes one instead, cap level quest and then backed down due to, well reason and logic. But the dip shits still don't get that they left in a weekly 1000 Embers reward in place at level 120. Why? Because none of them play through the content and Cordovan's every landscape encounter can be yet another defeat and his weekly stream an excruciating experience to view. He's made it even worse by doing the news section at the end now.

There's actually stuff to cater for many demographics in War of the Three Peaks but it's been totally soured by management/marketing and a bug filled release. Still didn't buy it (The morons couldn't even sell it to many people who wanted to buy it, utter incompetence.), I get more out of the puzzle aspect of extracting what I can out of it without paying then avoiding the pitfalls when I get it for LP.  Didn't even deplete my stock of coffer gear this round so should be on for maxing masteries and critical with a new level cap when the rest of the expansion arrives next year. 

Mac