LOTROCommunity

Rohan Housing is Here!

A deluxe house costs around 400-600 MC or 17-22 writs

A deluxe meed hall costs around 900 MC or 36 writs. 

Writs are 250 LP or 25 MC each.

There's only one mead hall per housing neighborhood, and they are in high demand.

Oh, and you now have the ability to convert mounts and cosmetic pets to housing decorations. At a cost of 20 MC each...that's a bit steep for a freaking housing decoration.

So in short, yet another way to milk money of off whales. The shortage of mead halls already sent a few people to the OF to whine about it.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?682071-Rohan-Mead-Hall-Availability

The promptness in SSG's replies just tells where their priorities truly lie. They're more than eager to shove even more down whales' throats.

I logged in, had a look, and logged back out.

The houses are so dark inside that you have no idea what you are buying and the mead hall is a hall. Can't decorate that as if it's a house.

Then the monetization of placing horses and pets - 20mc every time. No thanks.

I've lost all my houses/kin houses due to lack of upkeep. That's how little I log in anymore. No desire to change that.

Knowing what it was and what it is now - no fun left. Bumping into monetization in so many areas is a constant reminder.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, MusicMachine said:

If my maths are right, that's about 55 USD for a house and nearly 100 USD for a mead hall. Plus maintenance probably.

You know that weird phenomenon where sub-beta males send cam-whores money online and buy their bath water? SSG is that cam-whore, the whales are those simps, and this housing is the bath water. They'll chuck that money down with the excuse of "I have fun" or "it's not a lot of money" or "I want to keep supporting them", but it's all weak attempts to internally rationalise being exploited.

• Like 2

Looks like the store was underperforming without chat channels, seeing these got re-enabled after all.

Expected a new monetization scheme hitting live servers, wasn't disappointed.
It's substantially more nefarious than their previous cash-grabs:

• Advertising "horse mount displays" as main feature of premium Rohan housing, for years
  • Opening beta "preview" of Rohan housing, complete with ability to display mounts
  • Both beta release notes and live Update notes mentioning "horse mount displays" as main attraction of Rohan housing
  • Players excitedly rush to buy Rohauses and display their mounts.... only to be hit with a 20 MC fee per each placement edit
  • hahahahaha, poor losers

Did anyone expect a real-cash fee? Of course not, it was carefully omitted from all communication. SSG keeps a washed-up lawyer on their payroll for a reason, after all. I almost recognize a MoL-style plot twist in how the "mount displays" were served to the sad sods:

• Buy a premium Rohaus and get 5 mount hitching posts (hooks)!
  • The players comply, thinking they're buying this unique new feature
  • They get the promised 5 hitching posts, and of course rush to try them out with random mounts, just to see how it works 
  • After filling up 5 posts with random mounts, they're being ninja-hit with this hidden cost of 20 MC to make any edits or changes to this "new feature" they thought they bought when they spend real money on their Rohaus
  • The psychology behind it, though

But the best part of it all? Not being invested in any of this anymore whatsoever, and not giving a single damn. Even just a year ago I might've still been pissed at the exploitations, but now? A sigh of relief and nirvana. And the smell of fresh kettle pop corn I'm about to enjoy doused with sea salt instead of getting embroiled in all that nonsense.

(p.s. Warspeech, you beat me to the reference just as I was typing the last sentence, lol)

I've had some time to think about it and I actually don't mind this now. It's not an integral, necessary part of the game, and was never promised as free to VIPs, so it's fine for it to come with a cost. If people want it, they can buy it. If they don't, then there's regular housing still available. There's too much self-entitlement these days. People should be grateful they get to help keep the game they love alive, warts and all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Doro said:

I've had some time to think about it and I actually don't mind this now. It's not an integral, necessary part of the game, and was never promised as free to VIPs, so it's fine for it to come with a cost. If people want it, they can buy it. If they don't, then there's regular housing still available. There's too much self-entitlement these days. People should be grateful they get to help keep the game they love alive, warts and all.

I don't necessarily have a problem with charging for this feature. I do have an issue with the fact that 1) they did not advertise that there would be a cost associated with the feature and 2) at 20 MC (200 LP, or roughly $2.00 USD), the cost is just too high. It should be 1-5 MC at most.

26 minutes ago, Talisman said:

I don't necessarily have a problem with charging for this feature. I do have an issue with the fact that 1) they did not advertise that there would be a cost associated with the feature and 2) at 20 MC (200 LP, or roughly $2.00 USD), the cost is just too high. It should be 1-5 MC at most.

Hey! You sound like one of those self-entitled troll whiners. Us defenders don't take kindly to that sort of talk.

It's the staggering incompetence of everything they do is what gets me. They cocked up access to the housing, didn't come close to a balance of house types and are going to have empty neighborhoods on the most part. Even a stable I looked at had a cart next to a big fake door inside and a frigging wall on the other side. Now  Cord is making excuses about hook limits not being understood and he's supposed to be telling the community these things. Every time the "Big Reveal" is a fucking "Train Wreak".  

Doro is just an SSG enabler, fanboi since he stopped playing lol  and that free outfit is shit... So you want the fanbois to be happy, I want them to know they are starving their cat and wasting their giro/welfare checks.

Can you ask them to bring QuartermasterU back as he at least understood the concept of shame?

It's no wonder Devilled_Egg became Friendly_Hat, and the malignancy at SSG chose a cuddly Panda for a handle. (There's an interview that places SSGRed_Panda as steering things here)

Mac

• Like 1

From the OF:

"I expect we are at the point where they don't much care whether someone does or doesn't regret spending money on the game, all that matters is that they did so."

No, we were at that point many years ago, maybe even already when the store was introduced.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

... and that free outfit is shit...

Hey! I think it's amazing and I'm super grateful we got another outfit to discard with each new character. If you swap most of the pieces out, it's probably the best cosmetic option in the game. And it's free, with is good because SSG are so generous, but bad because I can't support them. I'll have to buy some cosmetic from the Store to show my appreciation instead. Maybe buy multiple new premium houses. Oh god, what if I don't buy enough houses and LotRO goes under?

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Doro said:

Hey! I think it's amazing and I'm super grateful we got another outfit to discard with each new character. If you swap most of the pieces out, it's probably the best cosmetic option in the game. And it's free, with is good because SSG are so generous, but bad because I can't support them. I'll have to buy some cosmetic from the Store to show my appreciation instead. Maybe buy multiple new premium houses. Oh god, what if I don't buy enough houses and LotRO goes under?

Well played on the OF and here now as well lol.

• Like 1

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?682181-Housing-Mount-Pet-Decorations

Could we please get more variety in the new mount/pet decoration animations, behaviours, and interactions please? You could sell different emotes specifically for those items to change what sort of reactions they have, like:

Scared: pets hide away under or behind other furniture.
Excited: pets are energetic and run around a lot.
Aggressive: pets roam and make threatening gestures around.
Lazy: pets lounge and yawn on different furniture.

For mounts, could we get:

Grazing: mounts wander and eat.
Alert: mounts constantly look around for threats.
Social: mounts gather together.
Playing: mounts run and trot about at random.

I'd be happy to pay anywhere between 20 to 200 MC to unlock these emote options. It's worth it to effectively customise the personality of your pet/mount housing items.

*O*

Thinx: We shouldn't forget that the release notes did not say that *looking* at your horse would be for free.
It will be 1 MC for a quick glance and 20 MC for an hour, otherwise you will see black bars.

🙊

I've commented in red:

I'm fine, thanks for your concern though. Are you? You sure seem to be writhing from all these people complaining about an issue in a video game.

I have no bias against SSG. No? I love LotRO, and have been playing since before it released. I've spent more than my fair share of money on my own and my son's accounts, and even convinced family and friends to play with us. Let's call this positively biased. I also despise gambling mechanics and exploitative business practices, which you can find in LotRO. Yet you are still there, spending money, supporting 'gambling and exploitative business practices'. SSG uses them on a regular basis (lootboxes, for instance). That doesn't mean I automatically hate SSG. A person can happily play a game they love, and still disagree with parts of it. Until the balance shifts and suddenly you can't stand it anymore. They can then voice that disagreement on a forum hoping that SSG does better from now on. Hahahahahahaha.

Also, just because you aren't aware of the blatant tactics MMOs have been using for decades to addict players, doesn't mean they don't exist. Hahahahahahahahaha. They do, and unfortunately you are probably one of their victims. 😂😂 This is evident to me because vehemently defending bad business practices as if you were a devout follower and they were your God that can do no wrong is a sign that you are addicted. Look who's talking. You obviously feel like people are attacking SSG and that you need to defend them. Why would they? They want SSG to do a good job. They are here complaining because they want LotRO to succeed. Oh, succeeding SSG is, the game is exactly where they want it to be. Not because they are waiting for the end so they can tell you, "I told you so."

If you or someone else reading this feels they need help with an addiction to video games, a quick google search provided this company: https://www.restartlife.com/?gclid=E...iAAEgKm1PD_BwE

Finally I hope you, [poster name], reflect on this at least. He must be preacher of some sort. Who can pass up on this kind of good advice 😂Happiness isn't all or nothing. It isn't an on/off switch. That's not how healthy emotions work. I hope that when you think about this, you can understand it. Here is an example. Sometimes I think about my childhood pet, an Irish Setter named Lady. I loved that dog, and remembering the fun times we had can make me both happy and sad at the same time. Years ago there was a wonderful online game and that game is gone. Thinking about that game makes some people sad. That's why they don't enjoy playing the remnants of that game even when they try.

😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Macdui101 said:

Genius

Ever though of applying for Palantir

Requirements of the Palantir Private Preview Program

• Must be able to interact with the community in a mature and constructive manner

Nah, I'm fucked.

20 hours ago, Doro said:

Requirements of the Palantir Private Preview Program

• Must be able to interact with the community in a mature and constructive manner

Nah, I'm fucked.

On the contrary, to them, you'd be the best thing since sliced bread. Not everyone can be sarcastic and funny, but yet subtle enough at the same time.