LOTROCommunity

Anyone else trying the preview week of this new Amazon Games MMO? I am and loving it so far. Amazing graphics and good fun. 

talking of which I am only getting 30-40FPS but it is buttery smooth, is that because the game engine is a lot newer than LotRO?

been put back to May next year but have pre ordered so will get access to future closed beta. 

This one?

From what little I saw of it, it looks like they made a Rust RPG and added some Witcher 3 and Far Cry Primal vibes. A lot of reliance on crafting, resource gathering, open world player-made structures, and potentially some sort of PvP at the end (let's hope they didn't copy Rust's level of offline-raiding, toxic PvP as well). I'd certainly give it a try under different circumstances, but the fact that it's an MMO puts me off. I can't bring myself to go through the same disappointment I did with LotRO, seeing incompetent devs release an update that kills the entire game a la Helm's Deep.

Plus, it's Amazon, and honestly fuck Jeff Bezos.

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, Doro said:

This one?

From what little I saw of it, it looks like they made a Rust RPG and added some Witcher 3 and Far Cry Primal vibes. A lot of reliance on crafting, resource gathering, open world player-made structures, and potentially some sort of PvP at the end (let's hope they didn't copy Rust's level of offline-raiding, toxic PvP as well). I'd certainly give it a try under different circumstances, but the fact that it's an MMO puts me off. I can't bring myself to go through the same disappointment I did with LotRO, seeing incompetent devs release an update that kills the entire game a la Helm's Deep.

Plus, it's Amazon, and honestly fuck Jeff Bezos.

That’s the chap. It does seem reading through comments that it wasn’t going to be an MMO to start with and people preferred the original product. I am enjoying it though but I don’t play hardly any games at all apart from LotRO so maybe if I did more my enjoyment would be less. No subscription just the original cost plus a dreaded store but hopefully that won’t be too bad 

1 hour ago, PJ. said:

That’s the chap. It does seem reading through comments that it wasn’t going to be an MMO to start with and people preferred the original product. I am enjoying it though but I don’t play hardly any games at all apart from LotRO so maybe if I did more my enjoyment would be less. No subscription just the original cost plus a dreaded store but hopefully that won’t be too bad 

The original product was going to be a griefer's wet dream.  What they soon discovered was that a pvp-centric mmo is doomed to fail.