LOTROCommunity

Race Change Tokens

Talisman

On 12/12/2020 at 12:43 AM, Talisman said:

For only 2495 LOTRO Points, you get the ability to change your race or gender and to grind out the racial quests/deeds yet again.

And...

If you chose a gender change, it will be another 2,495 LP to change the characters name. Unless you already had a neutral name. That would be $50 for one character.

Imagine buying a new car and later wanting a different color paint and having it cost you half as much as the car.

53 minutes ago, Splay said:

And...

If you chose a gender change, it will be another 2,495 LP to change the characters name. Unless you already had a neutral name. That would be $50 for one character.

Imagine buying a new car and later wanting a different color paint and having it cost you half as much as the car.

Going from a male dwarf to a female elf with a name change.... 7500 LP.....

Imagine regretting this after a day or two.

Makes me wonder. If you go from female elf to dwarf, is there no gender change because there are no female dwarves?

Not going to try that out lol.

I have been subscribing to Runescape for a few years now, with the yearly package. Costs me $6.60/month. I have 99+/all skills (which was super easy to finalize with all those boosts/double xp weekends etc.), and can't be bothered with going for 120's. So only log in to do some dailies and some (nostalgic) stuff I enjoy. Never ever thinking about 'having to pay to play the game' or 'too much grind'. They have 'yak track' on a regular basis, which consists of more or less grindy tasks with rewards, which can be fasttracked with $ purchases. Finished that 2 times, now only do tasks until I am fed up. The rewards are 'meh', so don't have the desire to do more than I want to. It's really interesting to me how Lotro and Runescape deal with monetization differently and my internal response to that. Even though I can play Lotro for free, because I own all the content and have unlocked all benefits, I can't log in anymore because I hate what the game has become. Used to still enjoy the Yule Festival and that too has stopped because of the introduced grind.