LOTROCommunity

I've been away for 2+ years, pandemic seemed a good reason to pick it up on a lark.

I have been very pleasantly surprised by how much fun LotRO is on Landroval, though I haven't tried PVP again (yet).

Instances, some shocking epic quest turns, and still some friends playing make the experience good.

Some of the game-killing things (aka helms derp skill trees, without enough skill points to cross-pollinate) have been mitigated to some degree, since we have so many skill points now.

It's fun again! I was as surprised as anyone. Seeya there (once the downtime is over).

The only fun for me in this game is purely nostalgic and have nothing to do with the current game. I'm lvl 120 and had no interest to level up to even 121 even when the entire game was free last year xD 

Sight seeing old landmarks and soloing old instances is kinda fun. I usually go to reflecting pools to do various ancient history quests. 

PS. I do this maybe once a month or two months to satisfy my nostalgia. The community and what's left of the old whales and trolls are worse than they've ever been. Just look at the official forums and you'll see the usual suspects like that 115 year old djheyt who still to this day doesn't have a clue how to play or the russian p2w supporter troll Elmagor on every topic. I refuse to breathe the same Middle Earth air with these filth.

I like the fact that there are few outspoken intelligent posters on there though. They don't shy away from calling whales whales to their faces. I used to do that too but I got an infraction for calling someone a hopeless whale and a clown so I stopped bothering a long time ago. I just chuckle now when I randomly read some whiny post and the first replies are always from the same whales defending everything about the game.

• Like 2
On 3/31/2021 at 12:27 PM, TheStormKing said:

I've been away for 2+ years, pandemic seemed a good reason to pick it up on a lark.

I have been very pleasantly surprised by how much fun LotRO is on Landroval, though I haven't tried PVP again (yet).

Instances, some shocking epic quest turns, and still some friends playing make the experience good.

Some of the game-killing things (aka helms derp skill trees, without enough skill points to cross-pollinate) have been mitigated to some degree, since we have so many skill points now.

It's fun again! I was as surprised as anyone. Seeya there (once the downtime is over).

I wouldn't bother with PvMP. It's just trash. Especially on Landy. Even if SSG puts out the PvP gear Vastin says is in the works, it will only amount to another monetization scheme.

Nostalgia isn't enough for me. My last recent log on was to inform my kinmates I stopped and to kick me from the kin roster if that suited them.

On 4/7/2021 at 6:47 AM, zukobach said:

PS. I do this maybe once a month or two months to satisfy my nostalgia. The community and what's left of the old whales and trolls are worse than they've ever been. Just look at the official forums and you'll see the usual suspects like that 115 year old djheyt who still to this day doesn't have a clue how to play or the russian p2w supporter troll Elmagor on every topic. I refuse to breathe the same Middle Earth air with these filth.

I've concluded sometime ago, the names you mention and some other no lifer forum handles appear that, that forum thread is trash polluted by their presence. For me to be ask to post in such threads is about the same as asking me to stick my fingers in dogshit and pretending I like it. Ya nope.

SSG has no creativity. Hasn't for years and whats worse is knowing Libbey (MoL) runs that show these days. His story telling is crap and gets worse each year. I recently read his rational for the new Brawler class. SSG's ideal of promotion is the same old, same old and extremely predictable. Some SSG dev says lets puts some stuff in the item data base and let a player find it hoping they make a splash somewhere on the net. As usual someone finds the info and acts like its finding Solomon's lost gold. Then comes the usual OOPS, Its just a wip so don't get excited. Meanwhile all their addicted accomplices jizz all over the keyboard.

Once my game time got to the point I was spending the majority maintaining their Virtue, ILI, and so on, just to get into endgame group activities. It became a second job.

Ya, that Lord of the Rings game isn't fun.

• Like 2