LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Skuljagger

Skuljagger Lycanthrope ... The Life of a Blackarrow

Greetings maggots!

Skuljagger here, one of Arkenstone's oldest creeps. I landed on the shores of the Ettenmoors about 4 years ago & I have been dormant & staying on the down low for quite some time. I was Chieftain of The Bloodthirsty Tribe for a couple years, but I have realized my destiny lies elsewhere so I gave the Tribe to a younger Uruk-Hai & now I am in The Immortals Tribe & I am out in full force & hungrier then ever!!!

I run alone or in a pack of killers ... my objective is to kill you by ANY means necessary ... you can bitch & whine all you want about your demise, I can care less about ratings, all I want is to feed & bathe in your blood.

As my name implies I have Lycan blood running through my veins. I was attacked by a Werewarg many moons ago & have since become a fierce & powerful hunter. My sense of smell is very acute, my reflexes are quick, my aim is deadly & my hunger for blood is only matched by my unrelenting rage!

Freeps beware, there is a new breed of evil lurking on Arkenstone! })

10/5/11 ~ "Sometimes You Must Follow Your Gut Instinct!"

I woke up this evening at Gramsfoot thirsty as usual. Something though was different, I can tell there is something amidst ... the stench of death is in the air. Normally this would excite me, but the scent is not of human flesh but the blood & guts of my comrades. I enter the commander's tent only to realize that the Freeps have come out in force & taken hold of all our keeps except for TA & those few that are still alive are making a last stand at protecting it. I could feel my blood boil & my anger heighten ... "Skul we need you at TA!" I normally respond to the cries of my fellow tribesman, but I have seen this before & if my experience rings true, the Freeps are going to take TA, it's just a matter of when. I am thirsty for blood & I know that I am not going to get what I need from the battle at TA, so I decide to go out ... alone. My hopes is to get as far away from the fray of battle as possible in hopes that I can find a scout or lonely Freep & kill them quickly before he can scream for help. My gut instinct was to follow the river shoreline towards Hoarhollow & visit my friend Gorgoris the Queen spider of the Ettenmoors, maybe she may have some intel of possible food sightings in the area. As I was making my way towards her den my keen senses picked up a very faint signature of what I would guess was a mixture of sweat, pipeweed & ale ... I know of no creature that resides in the moors that would have such a scent, so I take my bow in hand & have my quiver at the ready & I set up a few traps & I hide down wind in the trees. As I thought it was a Dwarf Runekeeper on Goatback riding down the shore maybe looking to kill some lonely scouts as well ... but I have the element of surprise at my disposal & I take out my sharpest arrow & I take aim with Vital Target & "BAM" he is knocked off his rocker & started bleeding, at first he had no idea where the shot came from, I had enough time to pelt him with a couple more arrowshots setting his robe aflame. I noticed he reached into his rune satchel & started to do something with his hands that looked peculiar, whatever it was it must have been important because he's bleeding & on fire & he decides to do that instead of attacking me so I broke his concentration with a loud "NO YOU DON'T!" in black speech & I run at him with arrows ripping though the air. He attempted to zap me with some lightning attacks but my body has built a resistance towards electrical shocks & they were more of a tingling sensation then one that I should concern myself with. Eventually I slowed him down enough that I got some distance on him & I critted a headshot & finished him off with a revenge shot to the chest. I sniffed the air after my kill in case he had friends with him but the air was clear & I took grasp of his long beard & dragged his corpse to Gorgoris's den where I enjoyed a good meal with a friend & shared a laugh or two about my prey's facial expression when I reached in close & ripped out my favorite arrowhead out of his chest ... goes to show ya ... sometime's you just gotta trust your gut instinct!

10/5/11 ~ "Stay In Shape Or Go Hungry!"

Yesterday I was near Orc Camp checking in for the day with the local militia & I got wind that there are some Freeps roaming about. I immediately decided to head out towards Lugazag in hopes of catching some. As I was nearing the Troll Bowl as we call it, I caught a glimpse of what looked like a Man on Horseback. I rushed behind the rock for a closer look & it was a Man in Heavy Armor, it was a Champion ... he looked to be collecting some Troll Stones or I dunno what but he seemed rested & in good health, so I prepared myself for a good 1v1 battle. He started to ride off so I rip a shot which knocked him off the horse. I readied myself for battle but to my surprise this chickenshit turned tail & ran fast in the opposite direction towards the backside of Lugazag Mountain. I said to myself "You've got to be kidding me!” I took a deep breath & started to run after this guy. No matter how hard I tried he had quite the lead on me, he got so far ahead in fact he had time to call a horse & mount up. I kept pursuit the best I could, but it looked like he was gonna get away when luckily his Horse couldn’t go up a slippery rock surface & that slowed him down just enough for me to yell "NO YOU DON'T!" in Black Speech to his horse & caused him to buck off the Champ & now he's back on foot. I figured he'd for sure stand & fight now ... right? WRONG! He started running on foot again towards Gramsfoot now. I am seriously getting pissed here. I started thinking maybe he's hoping to run into some of his friends or maybe he is thinking of committing suicide & rob me of a kill at the one-shots. In either case I realized this chickenshit is not going to fight me 1v1 as I thought so at this point I sent word to Gramsfoot that a Champ was heading in that direction & to stop him from getting killed by the 1-shotters. Well I was wrong he ran clear across to Gramsfoot & then turned south above the slug ridge & started running towards Dar-Gazag. I have never chased food for this long before ... I now didn't care what happens, I just want him DEAD!!! Finally near the Delving entrance (if you haven’t been keeping track, he ran from Troll Bowl to backside of Lug to Gramsfoot then south to Dar-Gazag Delving entrance) he ran into a couple tribesman who slowed him down enough so I can catch up & between the 3 of us we shared a kill. I couldn't believe this man would run that far instead of fighting me 1v1, I wanted to know this man's name but alas he was dead but he did have the name or phrase Slashnhack engraved on most of his gear ... sad that he died so dishonorably, he will forever be known as the chickenshit champ who rather run a marathon then stand up & fight ... goes to show ya ... you have to stay in shape or go hungry!!!

*Author's Note: The Champ in this story I heard through the grapevine that after he was pwned by my tribe that he started saying in OOC on freepside that HE was the one chasing me down across the whole map & that I called for help & got him killed instead of fighting him 1v1. LOL!!!

"Bad Deeds, Pay Off"

So I am making my rounds in the Moors & I make my way to Grothum's Goblin camp. Honestly, I don't quite care for those little buggers but they have helped me in the past so I stop by once in a while to say hello. Right when I walk through the camp entrance I can tell there is something wrong. I ask the locals what is wrong "The freeps have been attacking us consistently for the last few weeks; they just keep coming & stealing our Ale & Food Sacks, not to mention they keep trying to free that damn hobbit we caught for fattening for our next tribe cookout!"

I decided to speak to Gasham & Bok the tribe elders. Bok seemed more concerned about loosing the Hobbit to a freep rescue attempt "Skul listen man, we can't loose that Hobbit I mean ... I have been force feeding him fatty foods for weeks trying to fatten him up & his toes just look so chubby & yummy ... WE CAN'T LOOSE THIS HOBBIT NOW SKUL, WE JUST CAN'T!" I calmed him down with a swift slap to his face. I left him in the corner crying & went to talk to someone a bit more focused on the real problem at hand; I went to talk to Gasham.

Gasham told me that ever since he heard that the freeps have been invading the lands of Isengard that they have also been attacking with a lot more frequency their encampment as well. He isn't sure if there is a connection with the two lands but he is definitely not happy & wants these attacks to stop. He asked if I could assist in defending their camp. I told him I will see what I can do. I looked around the camp & saw the perfect place to post up to keep a constant watch over the lay of the camp in the event a freep decides to attack.

I climb up the rocky surface & reach the peak. I almost slip on some fresh bird droppings "Shit! That would have been embarrassing ... damn birds!" I kneel down a bit as to not draw attention to my location & I keep watch over the camp. I had to yell at Bok who kept looking up at me & checking if I was still there & yelling "You're the man Skul!" I had to throw a rock at him "Shut the hell up Bok, I'm trying to be incognito here ... moron!"

Time went on & still no attacks, I started to fall asleep ... when ... *sniff* I smell something, strange ... MAN FLESH!!! I focus my senses & look around & there ... a female elf hunter. But I know I smelled man flesh, but I don't pay it any mind. I drop down with haste, some goblins engaged the hunter but she didn't seem very worried about it until *POW* I hit her right in the chest with a critical hit & she is bleeding. She has no idea where that hit came from but she turns around & starts to flee out the camp towards the Ost Ringdyr freep camp. I give chase & as I am chasing her down & pegging away at her with arrows slowly killing her in the process as she runs away I pick up an even stronger scent of man flesh "I'm being followed" I think to myself. I finish off the elf hunter & a Coldfells Scout witnesses me give the fatal blow to the elf & starts attacking me "Damn it I can't track under fire!" Then as I focus on the Scout *Schnk* "Grrrraaaaauuugh!!!" I feel a sharp stab in my back ... it's a bloody Burglar named Trickie; I knew I recognized that smell of Brut cologne & cheap whisky. "You son of a #@$%!" I ignore the Scout & start evading his attacks & shooting him with everything I got at my disposal, he is on fire, he is bleeding & so am I ... it seemed like I wasn't going to make it but he was hurting too. I drink a potion of adrenaline & focus all my remaining strength into one Revengeful shot, I let it loose & it rips thru the air as I am falling to the ground. His eyes widen as the arrow enters through his lower jaw impaling his skull upwards arrowhead exiting the top of his cranium. I look at the Coldfell's Scout & in fear he turns around & runs towards the main camp. I slowly make my way to Grothum & they are cheering at my victory. Bok runs over with whisky in hand & *Trip* ... "God damn it Bok you $%#@ing idiot, you spilled the whiskey in my wound!!!"

Author's Note:

Hello readers ... thanks for reading my short stories of my battles in the Moors with my BA. I hope you enjoy them, as I enjoy writing them when bored at work ... lol. If you have any comments I would love to hear them. I may start one for my Spider as well ... stay tuned! :)