LOTROCommunity

EG7 and ties to Putin

EG7's acquisition of Innova put Georgy Chumburidze it's 100% owner into the position of major shareholder of EG7, approx. 11%

Jason Epstein is only at 7%

Verticali - Wikipedia

A long-time friend of Ivan Tavrin turned out to be the owner of an infrastructure company - Vedomosti

Yay for google translate!

A 99% owner of a Russian Infrastructure company? Top of the tree at EG7? 

The OF has peeps calling for Russian players to be prevented from playing while the Monaco domiciled primary shareholder of the group must be wondering where he is on the potential sanctions list.  Players should be more concerned all US EG7 titles aren't shutdown. SSG aren't beyond astounding incompetence though.

Maybe that 11% holding could be sold and proceeds spent on Ukraine relief efforts, following Abramovich's lead?

I may have to ask a question on the Live stream unless someone wants to check my sources and add to that discussion.

I see Cordovan's back: with a warning to toe his line or you disappear from the forums.  Why does that sound familiar? Surrounding yourself with sycophants who tell you what they think you want to hear, utterly miscalculate the prevailing situation and making up what is and isn't the the truth for the believers.  An irony that will escape him!

He can comment on Russian's inability to purchase as a result of new sanctions but ignored calls from Ukrainians as to why they'd been denied so long - Putin's sanctions on Ukraine...

Still nothing out of EG7? Share price is too low to jump ship? Maybe they are taking that "neutral" Swedish line? 

I have to feel sorry for this little Swedish Company who get's taken on a roller-coaster by an "entrepreneur" dazzling them with promises. They invite the sharks into their little pond as if the shadow that's followed them since Viktor Vekselberg got sanctioned was beyond due diligence. Who then invites Georgy Chumburidze into the feeding frenzy. No wonder they have to employ invertebrates to do their bidding. 

I got the company I once bought some sheets from emailing me their promise to give all profits from yellow and blue product line purchases to the relief cause.

And it's move along, nothing to see here from SSG.

So for the first time I decided to comment on my ban with CS. No begging apologies from me though.

ME:

"I seem to have been banned by mentioning the name of the major shareholder of EG7 with known interests in Russian Infrastructure and business associations with Russian Oligarchs. Namely Georgy Chumburidze - Ivan Tavrin

"In response to a question about the origin of the three Cypriot companies that own Vertikal, Chumburidze replies that the company is fully controlled and managed by him. Chumburidze is one of the founders of another large company - Innova, the Russian localizer of global multiplayer games, as well as browser-based online games."

"According to the latter, Georgy Chumburidze, the founder of Vertical, mentions friendship with Ivan Tavrin, CEO of MegaFon, at business meetings"

Ivan Tavrin, long-term ally and business partner of Alisher Usmanov who ranks at No. 7 on Biden's newly released Oligarch Hit List.

Is it still policy to hide such associations or Cordovan's utter ineptness and wilful ignorance on any subject?"

Cordoban: "

We do not permit political discussion on the forums, and you were not banned for that post but rather for your extensive fighting, insulting, and deliberately violating the rules knowing a moderator was not around to take action. We have no intention of allowing the kind of behavior you and others engaged in during that thread discussion to ever be permitted on these forums."

ME:

"Cordovan (Standing Stone Games Help)

So you do get to make up the rules, police them and take on the task of dealing with complaints. Perhaps they aren't your rules though.

I wasn't aware that a moderator wasn't around prior to this ban. I was aware that you have been away since. Perhaps you are confused once again. I do not have access to the forum's messaging to know what thread you are referring to, the messaging popup failure would be down to whoever is responsible for the forum's many quirks. If the current world events don't transcend the rules right now I don't know what else has to happen.

The rock you were under obviously wasn't fallen masonry in Mariupol. Perhaps a google search on Viktor Vekselberg and Jason Epstein when you got the message that it was Daybreak taking over had you uneasy but you failed that test by using the "Indie" Studio suggestion in actively hiding the Daybreak link. The LLC you hide behind created by the Daybreak (LLC) Corporate Lawyer. Perhaps the Kiddies fundraising adjusts the karma a little in your favour. But you are set up like many other Studios; your keepers will handle all that backend stuff while you get on with developing your games, no need to bother your pretty little heads with the nasty stuff. No need for your players to worry about wider issues is your job. So you get to remove anyone that might disturb your flock.

When Putin can fool most of Russia and a good deal of the US then people willingly playing or developing a fantasy games are an easy mark, especially with minions with more interest in their jobs than wider concerns to do their bidding. You reveal how much you lack an enquiring mind in your gameplay and total lack of context in all your game related comms. That you and your EP aligned yourselves so ineptly with the loathsome Jean Prior (your company hires the cohort who put her on the easy "grift" of followers as a recoup from pathological deficiencies) just tells your masters they have the right team in place.

Then we have the EG7 a small Swedish company taken on a roller-coaster ride. Robin could have done some due-diligence but had the classic entrepreneur traits driving him. Now Jason had implausibly survived the previous Russian oligarch sanctioning so is another one just more water off a ducks' back? Perhaps once again no one did the due-diligence of the man they were inviting in. Jean once admitted to making up the "close/personal friend" thing after a Blizzard Con kind of shattered her game developer devotion, briefly. Is Georgy Chumburidze advocacy of friendship with Ivan Tavrin, the business associate of Alisher Usmanov just the same thing or a real friendship. Either way seeking the patronage would indicate an alignment of views, and very much put him in the pro Putin camp at least for some period of time.

The utter lack of even a comment on Ukraine from EG7, Daybreak and yourselves when so many are making tangible changes in order to do what they can to stop Putin say much to me.

The irony will have escaped you: you return to post that you will be reviewing posts that have broken your rules and players have a window to come into line or disappear. Very much the Putin playbook.

You aren't the least equipped to handle any of this though are you?

None of us can know if 2015 started syphoning off our western currencies into Putin's War Coffers. It was inexplicable when Putin started his "rescue" of Ukraine, is it inexplicable we have all contributed? You weren't so concerned for our Ukrainian brothers with not telling them it was Putin stopping their payments.

When the LLC thing goes away and Putin's strung up it will all likely be revealed, you won't have the excuse you had no idea. You'll likely have Jean to worry about then though."

P.S. I had a trawl through the thread on the forums that cordovan threatened and took a look see at the where the post history stopped.  Jerry's been busy, lots off to the gulag and the dumb ones left to continue posting. He seems to have kicked the guy who's been wasting his life transcribing Cord's streams, he did mention all the Russian Studios now under the EG7 umbrella, though fell short at investigating the man behind them and his three steps to the Kremlin half those needed for a Kevin Bacon link. 

Mac

• Like 1

Mac you bugger. I am compelled to post this even after stating here I had already likely made my last post on these forums.

https://forums.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?692938-with-most-companies-pulling-out-of-Russia-when-is-SSG-Daybreak-going-to-ban-Russian-IP-s-and-transactions&p=8128126#post8128126

Xsolla is owned by a Russian and has Russian employees in Russia.

EG7 is now a front for the sanctioned Columbus Renova investment group from Russia.

inb4lock

That post was the first of several shitting down the throats of SSG and their fanatical acolytes.

Some note on Cordovan and his thread locking post.

1. The original time stamped to his post was 8:40

2. The time stamped changed to 4:40 within ten minutes of its creation

3. His post says he was going to give users a few hours to amend their posts.

4. The thread was locked in 15 minutes.

I was in the process to make a final post but before I completed it I realized the thread was locked.

My final went like this.

"I will not change one word. I stand by what I have said. If you and SSG can't handle anything I have said, you can fuck off."

Not to my surprise, I have read CCP and Eve online are conducting a charity for Ukraine involving the games PLEX. I'm sure that will piss off the Russian bot fuckers using PLEX for RMT exchanges. In that thread, I did ask of SSG to initiate something in the way of a contribution for the humanitarian efforts for Ukrainian's. It's pathetic Oleg who is a Ukrainian can't even stand up for his heritage. It is as I said here before. Oleg/Raninia is just a go between translator doing the bidding for his Russian overlord. If Oleg was on fire, I won't bother to piss on him.

Well, that era is over for me. I have many other accounts but I won't put an effort to posting there again. They will have a new forum in the future. I may feel differently by then. Maybe? Idk?

• Like 1

Georgy Chumburidze was perhaps in the Moscow elite in order to get into Harvard and Stanford after the Moscow degree. The seed money and a lot of very happy customer contacts came from commission selling "40 to 50" "money no object" luxury yachts to Muscovite Oligarchs each year between 2003 and 2008. If we learn nothing about oligarchy it's all about the yacht size. 

Cordoban has yet to reply to my email.  You need lowlifes to round up the dissenters and send them off to the Gulag though. The duped citizenry can tell themselves that they must be subversives or they wouldn't have been treated so. Just as Russians are convinced their Ukrainian family members must have been nazified by it's leaders. But you can't save someone from their own stupidity. No one easily gets to admit they've been duped.

The good news is that Georgy's 100 mil cut of EG7 is worth around 20 mill euros given the plummeting share price since.  Seems it's not so easy to hang onto your money when you move out of Moscow and become a "Citizen of the World" in Monaco - LinkedIn.

I feel for the Swedes at EG7 who must be wondering how they got themselves into this perplexing position, greed? A load of Russian studios that have staff and players who believe in the "rescue" and a bunch more in utter abhorrence of the attack. Can't have the revenue streams being interrupted by taking a stance though.  But I haven't checked EG7's site today...  

Putin still needs his glorious videos of the freeing of Kyiv and Odessa (too many Russians know it well) in order to hold onto power so it's looks likely they'll be the target of the chemical weapons.  Aleppo could be flattened before attacking the last places of safety, so I hope it can be different here with structures above ground to hide in.

None of the staff at any of the studios is hired to ask questions.

I'll miss your contributions if you do...