LOTROCommunity
Icepick

Next quest pack?

I have a lvl 44 Champion and I'm stuck in Evendim until I collect enough TP to buy some of the following: The Trollshaws, Misty Mountains, Angmar or Forochel. So what do you recommend?

P.S. What is the level range for Misty Mountains and The Trollshaws?

Trollshaws you've already outlevelled: that's roughly 35-42ish.

Misties are roughly 40-46ish I guess (tope estimate may be a little off, it's been a while!)

Angmar is 40-50 ish and has a lot of content but much of it is grouped and it's somewhat hard to get folks interested in it, although one big plus is that is you get that one, you can also then do Carn Dum, Urugarth, BG and probably the Rift.

Forochel is 44-50.

I would pick forochel, you may struggle to start with at 44, most mobs will be orange to you, but if you can get to 45 you will be ok. Forochel + maybe a skirmish or 2 should be enough to see you through to 50 and Eregion.

As was mentioned above though, Angmar does bring with it a lot of level 47-50 group content although im not sure how many groups run those at the moment.

i agree...forochel is the way to go.

and a 44 champ should have no issues with forochel.

i have taken a champ, guard and cappy thru there at L42 with nary a problem.

What about Eregion? It's 45+ isn't it? Wouldn't that be a feasible option too? Though I do have the feeling that Forochel and Misty Mountains have more quests to offer in general. Trollshaws is a bit too short. Angmar's cool but with the current ambient lighting not working well it's quite impossible at nights.

What about Eregion? It's 45+ isn't it? Wouldn't that be a feasible option too? Though I do have the feeling that Forochel and Misty Mountains have more quests to offer in general. Trollshaws is a bit too short. Angmar's cool but with the current ambient lighting not working well it's quite impossible at nights.

you dont want to narrow yourself into a corner though and run out of quests.

forochel to 50

eregion to 54

moria to 58

lorien/mirk to 65

enedwaith to 70

dunland to 75

Fair enough. In that case Forochel's a nice choice. Am doing it with a buddy too. Save for one or two quests, it's perfectly soloable. :) I think it is my buddy's favourite zone. The northern lights are pretty spectacular!

If you can, pick up the Mithril Edition, which includes Trollshaws, Eregion, Moria, and Lothlorien. Then you'll pretty much be set until you're ready to go into Enedwaith.

Angmar is a good choice, because of all of the instances (though Halls of Night is not part of it). Forochel is a great area, but there are no instances (Suri-Syma is part of the Enedwaith cluster, and The Icy Cravasse must be purchased separately).

The Misty Mountains are pretty much a dead-end. Goblin Town is nice, but the number of quests is so small, I wouldn't waste money on the region.

Forchel is a favorite, but I second the call for Angmar. As much as I personally hate that zone, it has tons of quests, and the reputation gained there is very important to travel there later for the Volume 1 epic books. Forochel, on the other hand, is a fun zone with lots of interesting quests, but that's about it.

So basically if you don't care too much about the class quests (since you can get the items via Skirmishes) or doing the latter half of the Volume 1 epic line, then Forochel is a great choice. But Angmar is great if you want to do the Vol. 1 line and not grind skirmishes to cheese your way through the class quests.

I would go with Angmar for the Fem quest armor set, the dungeons, there are more deeds there for better virtue rewards, the landscapes are more interesting, and the quests are more challenging. Forochel is easier to solo if you just want to level and prefer killing wild animals and creatures instead of orcs. It's a matter of opinion. Some people like one and some can't stand the other.