LOTROCommunity
Rosiebelle

This is why I will never ever play Warcraft

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15430312

Is this a joke? An entire world full of pandas? Or is this some lame attempt to get more customers in China.

Also does this bit not sound a tad like skirms?

"The expansion will also see the inclusion of what Blizzard calls "scenarios". These will involve players banding together briefly to achieve a common goal - such as defending a village against invaders."

Edit: Don't know if this is in the right place but I thought it might be due to the seeming wholesale lifting of skirmishes from LOTRO.

It unveiled a deal which will give a free copy of the forthcoming game Diablo III and a flying horse to use in WoW to those who pay a year's subscription all at once.

As long as they keep smiling, no-one will spot them sinking... until the water reaches their necks and Blizzard bail out using the plans they've kept secret for ages.

Kung Fu Panda online!

Come now. These panda people have been the the Warcraft lore longer than Kung Fu Panda's been around. Although it still feels odd that this is what they'd base an entire expansion around after all the epic expansions they've had so far.

Pandas in WoW? Why not, the graphics are fit for any kid tv-show. I mean, it's like the game is made just for pandas. I kinda want to play a panda death knight now...

The day I step foot in WoW.. that is the day I kill myself.

Dare I say that this could cause pandamonium

I will get my coat hanging-head-in-shame.gif

They're panda-ring to the masses.

You started it...

I'm having horrible visions of pandas with big pointy teeth running at me in Isengard .....

They already have the wobbly bellies I suppose.

Hur. Hur hur hur hur! I actually looked at the date on this one to see if it was April 1st... and was shocked to find it isn't!

Come now. These panda people have been the the Warcraft lore longer than Kung Fu Panda's been around.

And they were mentioned how often? Exactly once IIRC. And BTW, they also included Pokemon by adding a feature to have your pets fight each other *fp*

And they were mentioned how often? Exactly once IIRC. And BTW, they also included Pokemon by adding a feature to have your pets fight each other *fp*

In WoW, maybe once. I don't know, I don't play it. In the lore, a hell of a lot more times than that.

I expect Turbine execs are having a fraught meeting right now.

"They have pandas - how are we capturing the panda demographic?"

"Could we do something with Gandalf riding pandas?"

"Panda pie - hobbits might eat panda pie?"

"Could we have some kind of panda festival? Would that do it?"

And I bet Blizzard is laughing all the way to the bank. And that Turbine wish they had a third of the subs WoW has.

Let's face it Turbine has 2 of the biggest IPs in fantasy gaming and fantasy all together. And look what they have done with them. DDO which with out F2P model would be getting ready to close the servers down and LotRO with out F2P heading in the same direction.

This is what happens when the largest regional population on the planet gets internet access. All our games are going to be inundated with large eyed, big breasted, scantily clad caricatures of people. The Pokemon reference was spot on. (Gotta catch 'em all, indeed!) When the elves in Middle-earth have 8 inch ears and eyes as big as cups, you will know why it's happening. When you think about it, it is kind of odd they haven't 'upgraded' character appearance to favor the whole Asian market. I can handle it when it's four color martial arts in the Dragonball series, even cartoon violence appeals to my masculinity, but the walking talking stuffed animals that are the mainstream of Japanimation are too silly to take seriously. I don't feel threatened in the slightest by something that reminds me of the teddy bear my kid sleeps with at night.

Oh yeah, Panda.

Aber mal ernsthaft : Es GIBT in Azeroth etwas NEUES ...

Wer kann jene Frage ehrlich in Bezug auf Mittelerde beantworten ? => Wann gab´es mal etwas NEUES bei LotrO ? ....und wenn man die Antwort gefunden hat und auf das Datum achtet, sollte man mal überlegen, was jetzt besser ist ...

Tannenhirsch

p.s. : Use Google-Translator .. i do it auch :D

I expect Turbine execs are having a fraught meeting right now.

"They have pandas - how are we capturing the panda demographic?"

"Could we do something with Gandalf riding pandas?"

"Panda pie - hobbits might eat panda pie?"

"Could we have some kind of panda festival? Would that do it?"

Is it bad that I would totally enjoy the heck out of a (well-done) Panda Festival? The festivals are some of the most fun content for me, so more would be just fine in my books. :Y) Of course it's surely lore-breaking as heck so I won't hold my breath. Maybe a Festival of the Bear. >:)

*Guffaw*

*giggle*

*smirk*

Oh, and I loved this post from a comment on the YouTube vid;

"Here at Blizzard Entertainment, we have run out of ideas and/or originality for a new antagonist. Due to this, we are pleased to announced that instead of brainstorming some new, epic ideas for the upcoming expansion, we took the easy way out and stole ideas from Kung Fu Panda. Therefore, rather than a new goal to strive for, we offer you a race of Kung Fu Pandas in which you can do whatever you want with, so long as we don't have to try anymore. Thank you for your support. Sincerely, Blizzard"

Lotro already has sad panda... obviously someone at Blizzard thought it was such a good idea they expanded on it :P

Pandas had a silly hero in WC3 and that character left a keg behind in a single vanilla WOW quest. They claim this expansion is designed to bring back the war between the horde and alliance and introducing a new continent they can fight over will help them do that.

It's the first WOW expansion I don't see myself buying at release. I think all of their best designers have moved on to their upcoming MMO codenamed Titan.